Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tortilla made with eggs, slices of potato, onion, red onion , halluomi and ham. was ok , nothing special. we are using stuff up before a big shop on payday :)

well i have some left over baked beans and chicken pasta salad in the fridge. i'll have to get the main course from outside, however.

a juicy cheeseburger would probably go with those items...

We went to Pizza Hut for the boys 12th birthday treat and ate our own bodyweights in pizza and nachos and a combo thing. The boys managed two bowls of ice cream as well but the teen and I just couldn't face it. :eek:

I'm on basa fillets in a tempura batter, steamed pak choi (with possibly a lime and chilli dressing, cos I have the stuff and quite fancy it), and egg noodles. The noodles may well be tossed with the pak choi - not sure yet

ohmylord, this was good. Such a simple dressing - chop two birds eye chillis finely (keeping seeds in), mix in a dish with the juice of one lime - absolutely fucking LUSH. I dumped the steamed pak choi in the bottom of a dish, laid the noodles over, then tossed the lot in the dressing.

OU - you could try this as a low-fat food, with some poached fish - delish, and I got an almost instant hit off the chillis :cool:

Tonight? I might do this again but with king prawns :D

Steamed trout fillets with potato/courgette/feta fritters and plot mange tout.
Greek yoghurt and strawberries for pudding if there's any left (the crop is almost finished :( ).

Burrito sort of things. Filled with spicy beef, salsa, cheese, lettuce, peppers, sour cream, and anything else that will fit into a flatbread.

a Nigel Slater fried fish with thai chilli sauce thingy with some nice soothing plain thai jasmine rice :)

Well it was going to be stirfried courgette, chilli, pak choi, mooli and baby sweetcorn with blackbean sauce (from a jar) and jasmine rice, but I've been told to avoid soya, and blackbean sauce is made from soy beans innit?

god that sounds lush

I LOVE rabbit - ate a shedload when I was a nipper cos me dad used to breed them for meat

We raise them as well and with the nephews not liking them much they're going to get ahead of us unless I work them back into the rotation somehow. The townie wimps will be having some sausage thing. :hmm:

We raise them as well and with the nephews not liking them much they're going to get ahead of us unless I work them back into the rotation somehow. The townie wimps will be having some sausage thing. :hmm:

Wish you lived closer, I'd well take them off your hands. You wouldn't believe how difficult it is to buy rabbit round here. Last time, I ended up going the abbatoir for one, but it was ancient, stringy as fuck. My old dealer used to get me a few that he'd shot himself but I don't see him anymore.

Something with chicken as I have just picked up three breasts reduced to £1.70
I think that the chicken will be grilled and served with roasted red/green peppers then topped with goats cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom