Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's ASDA Delivery Service Like These Days?

Epona - it is a slight possibility the driver was "trying it on" to get a few minutes ahead of his official schedule ...

[to get a longer "fag break" or similar, unless he was also trying to make up a punctuality issue - neighbour of one of my team used to work for one of the bigger supermarkets and mentioned this some months ago in general conversation]

Epona - it is a slight possibility the driver was "trying it on" to get a few minutes ahead of his official schedule ...

[to get a longer "fag break" or similar, unless he was also trying to make up a punctuality issue - neighbour of one of my team used to work for one of the bigger supermarkets and mentioned this some months ago in general conversation]

Good point, he was actually a bit early to mine so maybe he fancied clocking off early.
I don't bear him any ill will btw (and never complain about individual employees unless they display some sort of bigotry or aggression), I'm not like that and understand how fucking tedious work is generally and heavy lifting is best avoided if possible - but if I'm ordering stuff for delivery because I can't carry it, then it does need to actually be delivered to my door.
I'll add it to the delivery instructions in future so the driver should know beforehand that I need it bringing upstairs and hopefully won't result in a debate about it in the stairwell :D

Have been back with Morrisons for a few weeks, they had another "buy x amount for 3 weeks and get £15 worth of More points" offer which as I always order over x amount makes it worthwhile and a saving over other supermarkets.

Since trying others, and despite some of their goods going downhill and their prices going up, I am consistently happy with their superlative delivery service.
Even with Ride London going on on Sunday and all the major roads closed, they'd allowed for that well and the delivery was only 5 minutes late, with an apologetic and helpful delivery driver. No substitutions. They so very rarely substitute anything.
I do sometimes have trouble with their website though :(
Honestly just in terms of quality of goods (mostly), availability, being given stuff with long use by dates, and delivery service, Morrisons is still coming out a better option, even if I can save £5 on my weekly shop by going elsewhere. The peppers I got from ASDA were turning to mouldy mush within 2 days of delivery, never had that issue with Morrisons.

Back
Top Bottom