Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yankee pot roast (by request... "Can we have something 'normal' for a change?"), carrots, parsnips, peas, new potatoes. Green salad. Store-bought Key Lime pie.

i think it will have to be a takeaway as its now 7.20 and i still havent eaten today. got called into work for an emergency for last 2 hours and just got back

random stuff - maybe some "giant beans" in a tin, perhaps some mashed spud and a tin of fish, perhaps houmous / salsa and salad in a pita, perhaps all 3 ...

I just had:

New taties: from the garden
Cabbage: from the garden
Poached eggs: from the chickens in the garden
Bacon: from the co-op :(

Raspberries: from the garden

new potatoes, gammon steak and broccoli followed by still warm banana cake with cream and raspberries :)

I had an Indian takeaway. Split a tandoori platter with me mate to start and then had Chicken Chilli Masala, rice and a garlic nan for the main. It was ace. :)

Now I am drinking lots of Dartmoor Jail Ale. :)

Roast cooked in a pot, as in: "Yeah, alright, I'll do up that roast, but there's no fucking way in hell I'm turning an oven on when the humidex reading is in the 40s!"

They're scoffing it as we speak. Hell of a deal-- $7.99 for a 9-incher.

Still none the wiser re the pot. What sort of pot? Not in the oven? :confused:

Tonight's tea will be beer and fags, supper will probably be chips and possibly a kebab, depending how drunk I am

Rib Eye steaks. And something else.

I don't care what else really. They're just sitting there in their chunky marbled magnificence, begging to be eaten.

We're babysitting for my mates 1yr old tonight so I'm going to make a lasagne in a minute that we can stick in the oven when he's in bed. I'm going to give him spag bol but I'll make it seperately as ours will be too rich for him.

Still none the wiser re the pot. What sort of pot? Not in the oven? :confused:

No, not in the oven-- in an enamelled cast iron dutch oven, on top of the stove.

Tonight's tea will be beer and fags, supper will probably be chips and possibly a kebab, depending how drunk I am

Reprobate. :D

Today we're having a fridge clean-out disguised as a big composed salad: sliced cold boiled spuds, a variety of cooked and raw veg, slices of beef, hard-boiled eggs and the ubiquitous green salad.

Fuck knows tonight.
Bored of soup, pasta and beans on toast.
Too skint this month for food and not gonna be able to shop till next week.

same as Badgers. have the choice of pasta with tinned tuna or steamed veg and tinned tuna. i really dont fancy tuna :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom