Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm visiting my mum, who is learning to cook, so I showed her how to make chicken fried rice. And when she panicked that there was way too much, I mentioned how she could freeze it in portions and have it for tea during the week, which was a total revelation to her :D She keeps going on about what a good idea that is :D She's still adjusting to living on her own after 37 years of living with my dad, bless her.

I've decided that I should pop round to Y I Otter's for tea regularly. :)

I do hope you won't mind.:)

Phone ahead; bring wine and/or black hash. :)

Nothing particularly exciting today: a cold soup :cool:, grilled burgers, cucumber salad, green salad.

After a week of dodgy eat outs I'm finally getting the chance to make something myself. I guess everyone likes their own cooking and I don't want to blow my own trumpet but I'm pretty sure mine blows anywhere I could afford to eat out :D

Tonight dinner shall be:

Chicken breasts in foil parcels with garlic, fresh tarragon, two lemon chunks and a bit of zest, a dab of white wine and a knob of butter shoved in the oven.

Served with rocket salad and ciabatta.

I've also got some raw prawns which I have marinated in olive oil, finely chopped chilli and garlic and I shall grill then on skewers. It's great to be able to buy them raw as I usually find them all cooked at the supermarket.

Tonight dinner shall be:

Chicken breasts in foil parcels with garlic, fresh tarragon, two lemon chunks and a bit of zest, a dab of white wine and a knob of butter shoved in the oven.

Served with rocket salad and ciabatta.

I've also got some raw prawns which I have marinated in olive oil, finely chopped chilli and garlic and I shall grill then on skewers. It's great to be able to buy them raw as I usually find them all cooked at the supermarket.

That sounds ace.

I think it'll be beans on toast for me tonight. I'm feeling lethargic.

Chilli with jersey royals and grated cheddar and broccoli.

Hey NVP - sadly my rambling mission turned into getting a train to Lewes and then spending the whole afternoon in a pub staring up at the sky wondering if it was going to rain.....and getting pissed. :rolleyes:

It never did rain. :mad: :D

My bezzer's a classroom assistant, so we justified it by deciding that we could do it all again next week when the summer holidays start, but we've decided never to do it back to front and walk from Lewes To Brighton again anyway (too many convenient pubs on the way from Lewes station to the start of the walk :mad: )! :oops:

Like it.

I've decided I'm feeling lethargic too :cool: (sounds so much more mature than 'I got absolutely twatted last night and feel like shite', don't you think? :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom