Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steamed yellow-tail snapper with shredded ginger and spring onions, root vegetable stir-fry, rice. Green salad. Store-bought black forest cake (not bad, actually, as these things go) leftover from weekend company.

that sounds gorgeous etnea, post up the recipe if it turns out a sucess!

we'll be having thai green curry with prawns and peppers and noodles (i'm fed up of my over cooked, stodgy rice :()

:)
It was a success.
And it was nicked from Hugh Fernley Whittingstall:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/aromaticporkbellyhot_10468.shtml
I added a few pork and cabbage dumplings and some shredded cabbage at the end too.

You should buy a rice cooker. I have cooked crappy rice for years and years (I'm an ok cook otherwise) but with the rice cooker it comes out perfect every time :)

Dunno tonight. I have no food inspiration at the moment, and I won't get home until about 11 :rolleyes:
Might just get some noodles on the ferry.

Grilled chicken and salad I think..
My wife has implied that she will be cooking :)

Might have a couple of pints of Guinness to wash it down but who can say?

i dont know. the kids are having sausages, mash and veg but that uses all the sausages and mash, so i may have a vegtable and cheese omlete :)

last nite i had a rib eye steak with baked potatoe and salad with ranch dressing :)

it was lush

The Other Half had to go into the city today and he's threatening to bring home sushi. I'll probably make tamago toji udon to go with it-- fat noodles cooked in a reduced dashi, topped with spinach and steamed omelet. Green salad, of course.

I have my pasta sauce simmering away. Serving with fussili pasta, loads of spinach, salad and sweetcorn.

Not decided yet on whether to have vodka later yet !

I ended up giving the kids salmon fishcakes, chips and peas last night and had beer and crisps for my dinner :rolleyes: :D so the ribs and salad are on for tonight now. :cool:

Really fecking hungry this morning....

Sandwich delivery (which is not that appealing) will not arrive till nearly 11am.
Nearest shops (neither of which are that appealing) are a 20 minute round trip.

Also my selfish colleague just made me a coffee without sugar and the kitchen is 12 yards from my desk :(

These are serious times my friends!!!

^^^ indeed they are serious times. I'm hungover in bed and I only have Rocks organic blackcurrant squash to drink and no ice...:( I would like someone to make me a quorn sausage sarnie but there is only me here.

I migt actually need to stand up !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom