Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tonight, madge and i shall have fish fingers, 'rustic' chips :confused: and beans :cool:

unless she has had a big special 'first day back at nursery' lunch at the childminders (which madge would get to choose and woudl without a doubt choose fish fingers) in which case we will have lots of toast with hummous and grapes :cool:

At a gig tonight so will possibly grab a cheap takeout somewhere.
If not then plenty of Guinness and toasted cheese sarnie at home later.

Gonna do a Cassoulet, saw one in Sainsburys with a lovely picture on the front and horrible looking stuff inside so thought 'What I good idea that rancide looking ready meal has given me, I'll make my own Cassoulet'

Gonna do a Cassoulet, saw one in Sainsburys with a lovely picture on the front and horrible looking stuff inside so thought 'What I good idea that rancide looking ready meal has given me, I'll make my own Cassoulet'

Isnt that French for baked beans? ;)

Salmon with ginger, garlic, lemon and roasted tomatoes. And lemon and corriander couscous. And asparagus and carrots.
yummmmmmmmmy

Just had some lovely homemade soup and about 7pm eating Quorn cottage pie, roast spuds, roasted shallots, asparagus, carrots, brocolli and roast parsnip. Fresh melon and pineapple to munch on laters.

i made pork loin medallions with dolcelatte, caramelised pears and apples and new potatoes.

then we had blackberries and honey yoghurt for pudding. yum :)

i'm may go out and play cards at this local pub....if I do then I'll pick up a cheeseburger & fries or a sandwich. If I don't go then its leftover tex-mex food :)

Turns out I ran out of time for the cauliflower/blue cheese crepes I had planned, but I had already defrosted the cauli.

So I whipped up a batch of cauliflower pakoras, nuked some frozen goat curry and made some rice. Green salad, natch.

oh my fave, did you have the proper chutneys?

Hell, yeah. I put up a half-dozen different chutneys most years. Tonight we had the kind of tamarind chutney you usually get with samosas--dates, raisins, chillies and tamarind extract puréed in the blender. It's really easy to make and keeps forever in the fridge (this particular batch was made for a New Year's party and has only improved in the intervening months).

Roast veg soup (red onions/aubergine/courgette/mushrooms/red pepper) with a big load of grated cheddar dropped in and a warm ciabatta roll for dunking.

Fuck all effort too, cos I roasted the veg yesterday, so just have to blitz it and heat up. :cool:

Dunno, something with stewing steak but I haven't decided what. Ooh, maybe some sort of stew. :D

That sounds like a sensible enough plan sparklefish! :D :cool:

How about THIS (very nice imo, although obviously not quite so great if you're not keen on kidneys)? :cool:

sm022-steak-kidney-hotpot-18703.jpg

Going out for Japanese with my two best mates tonight, one of whom I haven't seen for 3 months. Can't wait!

Some form of tomato and pepper spicy soup, have all manner of toms, sundried, cherry etc and the rest required to make some lovely hodgepodge soup .....

Just got back to the UK so having a week of eating nom nom nom.... Lunch will be homemade caremalised red onion and goats cheese tart and salad followed by blackcurrant cheesecake :)

that sounds gorgeous etnea, post up the recipe if it turns out a sucess!

we'll be having thai green curry with prawns and peppers and noodles (i'm fed up of my over cooked, stodgy rice :()

I feel like a nice tender juicy steak with jacket potatoe with the works and a salad with blue-cheese dressing.

Don't know if I'll get it however...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom