Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone help?

yes...daal is one of my specialties. you can make it from any indian lentil but its best to mix at least two or three together to get a good blend of flavours...I usually do three.

and make sure you add the "baghaar" at the end. this is fresh garlic and onions (sliced) which are fried up in oil or butter. pour this on top of the finished daal and then mix it up :)

figure one cup of lentils for two servings. and make sure you soak them for at least an hour or two before cooking (preferrabley in a pressure cooker cause it saves a shit-load of time)

anything else?

Whenever I've made Xanadu's mum's dhal I've used red lentils - no soaking required and they turn into a tasty mush in a short space of time :)

Tonight is Lahore Aubergine - that's aubergine simmered with lentils and mixed spices

I'm also cooking a special biriyani, nan bread and sag aloo (spinach and potato curry)

very hungry already

Whenever I've made Xanadu's mum's dhal I've used red lentils - no soaking required and they turn into a tasty mush in a short space of time :)

Cool, although I've just mixed the red ones with yellow and I guess they might need soaking? I've warned Magic Sam dinner will be a while. :D

Today's dinner will be roast pork, roast potatoes, yorkshires, carrots, broccoli, cabbage, gravy. Followed by some cake, if we have any room left :cool:

I thought you were a veggie? Or has preggerdom made you crave flesh?

Tonight, I'm cooking for the family - lamb shanks braised with red onions, carrots and Rioja. Canellini mash to soak up the juice.

We are going to a friends for tea. He's not a great cook tbh but the thought of not having to do anything myself has cheered me greatly! :D

I thought you were a veggie? Or has preggerdom made you crave flesh?

Sadly, yes it has :( It all started with a craving for steak, then progressed to full on roast beef, and now I am eating the flesh of the swine as well. Am a bit worried about it tbh as there's loads of meat products I either don't like (bacon, sausages) or still feel too weird about (chicken), but once word gets around that I'm back on the carnivore train people will expect me to eat them and I will look like a fussy-eating wanker.

Still, mustn't grumble :) Any top tips for roasting pork? I've never done it before.

I haven't done a proper food shop for ages, so it'll either be what I've got left (sosmix burgers, frozen corn on the cob, potato salad) or takeaway.

Today I have been mainly eating orange and lime ice lollies, screwballs and double flake 99's so probably a small piece of dry toast and a few sips of water

Chicken broth with orzo and spinach. Jerked venison steaks, rice and chick peas, steamed carrots, parsnip and turnip, green salad. Strawberry/rhubarb custard pie for afters.

lemon roasted chicken with roast potatoes, asparagus and carrots. i needed some vitamins after yesterdays lunch and dinner of dirty burgers :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom