Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish I had your in-laws, mine stick their noses up if you even put garlic or herbs in anything. :rolleyes:

It's my partner's widowed mom and her new husband-- first time we've had them here since they wed, so I feel the need push the boat out a bit. The only thing I'm certain of is that mom likes my caesar salad and he likes beef. Fingers crossed.

Beef casserole. :cool: I got some lovely stewing beef from the butcher in Greenwich yesterday, which is now bubbling away in the slow cooker with some bacon, onion, pepper, carrots, pearl barley, tomato, lots of garlic and various herbs. It smells gorgeous already, even though it won't be ready until 7ish. :cool: :D

I defrosted a portion of homemade veg chilli so really should have that. So that with brown rice and yoghurt.

I'm mega broke...payday 2morrow...treating myself to fresh veggies...:)

ooooh, I've got some bangers out the freezer, and was going to have bangers and butter bean mash.... quite fancy toad-in-the-hole now :)

Chicken and something I think.
Probably salad or some sort of potato option.

Might consider a Marmite marinade which I have not done before.

I'm having mash again, I loved it so much yesterday.

I'm really hungry already, so I've just put the potatoes on. A bit early, I know, but why not eh? I won't be constrained by antiquated rules on the proper time for tea :mad:

Wild boar cutlets. Never done them before, so don't know how they'll turn out.

They sound interesting - let us know what you do with em missfran

We're on stirfry - chicken is currently marinating in the standard soy sauce/garlic/ginger mix, and a lovely chilled glass of pinot grigio is being quaffed. I need a little refreshment, as I've spent several hours ont couch slaving over a hot book :D :cool:

Ahhh, I love holidays :D

pasta and bacon and pesto. With some leeks off the 'lotment. AND some garlic I planted last year which I'd given up on, but which when I dug em up are like red-skinned spring onions - so they'll go in too

Leftovers:

Leek and potato soup. Warm steak salad w/orange dressing. Cold rice salad w/ roasted sesame/miso dressing.

Leftover Riesling for The Abatross; beer for me.

a sainsburys be good salmon and cucumber sarnie, a bowl of steamed broccoli,carrots and sweetcorn, and some chocolate buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom