Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
puke.gif

Hollandaise sauce has no place on fajitas :mad:

But.....but....

They are such a versatile format :(

I have to go to a formal meal this evening. No idea what the food will be, but it's likely to be good. :cool: All I have to do is not drink too much and behave better than I have at the same event for the last two years. :oops: :D

Chicken curry and all the gubbins courtesy of Waitrose because they take cheques and I don't get paid til tomorrow. :oops: :)

Oxtail, mushrooms, celery, red wine in a big stew with some lovely mash
Last night had some pork chops with cream, mustard and cornichons with new potatoes and some Jerusalem Artichokes with onions, chili and gruyere - I thought they were supposed to make you guff?
ETA: and some cheese too - Blue Shropshire and La Suspiro

i got a beef stew in the slow cooker, so far everything i've cooked in it has been disappointing, too runny, reckon this one will be alright

i got a beef stew in the slow cooker, so far everything i've cooked in it has been disappointing, too runny, reckon this one will be alright

For a slow cooker, put half the liquid in that you'd use normally, even if it doesn't look right

I've even read that you ought to put no liquid at all into a slow cooker! That the liquid that naturally comes out of the meat/veg that you put into it will suffice, but if you're not brave enough to test that theory :D you could try just adding liquid that was specifically only to give extra flavour (like soy sauce/mushroom ketchup/a drop of wine etc).

Last night had some pork chops with cream, mustard and cornichons with new potatoes and some Jerusalem Artichokes with onions, chili and gruyere - I thought they were supposed to make you guff?

Maybe you've been guffing so much that your nasal receptors have become immune :confused:

Anyway, tonight we're having bruschetta, roast peppers stuffed with feta, red onion and olives, and some sort of new potato thing - maybe lemon and olive oil dressed. And no cheap chocolate. I've got a serious Cadbury's addiction going on, it can't be good.

I never smell my own guffs - but I'm not even feeling them - maybe it'll come on tonight with a vengeance

I've even read that you ought to put no liquid at all into a slow cooker! That the liquid that naturally comes out of the meat/veg that you put into it will suffice, but if you're not brave enough to test that theory :D you could try just adding liquid that was specifically only to give extra flavour (like soy sauce/mushroom ketchup/a drop of wine etc).

hmm maybe i still put too much in then. it was all wine though so at least it should taste okish. also i coated the meat in flour, maybe that will help. not brave enough to try no liquid in case the potatoes catch fire or something.

I never smell my own guffs - but I'm not even feeling them - maybe it'll come on tonight with a vengeance

Or maybe you've succeeded in producing the ultimate SBD - farts that sneak out so stealthily, their generator doesn't even notice :eek: Talent scouts from Porton Down will be onto you soon.

A simple jacket potato with cheese n beans and plenty of tabasco...might have a weight watchers choccie elair for afters.

I think I am blowing out the 'Hollandaise sauce topped SPAM fajitas' I was considering for tonight.

Have a little salad at home to use up, some stilton and plenty of cheddar.
I might pick up some baking potatoes and do crispy jackets with cheese and salad.

Grilled hot garlic sausage, radiatore pasta w/ quattro formaggii sauce (Romano, Parmesan, Gorgonzola, White Cheddar) tossed with artichoke hearts, & green salad.

Probably something from the ICA cafe (does anyone know if it's any good?) as that's where I'm going tonight. Failing that, a sandwich from Tescos.

It's the small girl's 3rd birthday and my mum is coming down, so....marinated chicken wings and pork ribs, green salad, greek salad and garlic tear 'n' share bread....and her birthday cake - a moist chocolate almond cake, with coffee/chocolate icing, chocolate buttons and loads of whipped double cream, for pud. :cool:

And crisps and nuts and more cake later when bezzer and another friend pop in. :D

This :D

Apart from the olives *vom*.

Nom!

So do you stink of garlic now Veeps? I've made this recipe a couple of times, and while delicious, it's definitely not one to eat at work the next day.

Mind you, we had bruschetta last night so the kitchen, the bin and my flesh all stink of garlic as well.

tonight I think shall be soy & sessame salmon with noodles and some veg of some description

Another good dinner last night using up random bits and pieces.

Potatoes roasted in olive oil and herbs
Salad with dressing
Thick slice of toasted brown bread (purchased from Kennington Farmers Market)
Cheddar and stilton cheeses

:)

Not sure what to follow that with but we have Fondue cheese in the fridge and some other bits.

Curry. I made a vast quantity of sauce the other week and it's tainted everything in the freezer :oops: it needs to be eaten :D

We'll be celebrating Todestag, with Wiener schnitzel, potato salad speckled with bits of bacon, chives and dill pickle, red cabbage and apple with caraway seeds and a well-chilled Rudesheimer Rosengarten. Green salad, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom