Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
chilli con carne.

The person wot cooked it insists on pronouncing it chilli con carnay.
When I reckon it's carnee.

So far some cigarettes, coffee and a choc ice :rolleyes:

Not got much in tbh, and I'm feeling very uninspired and lazy... can feel a curry order coming on

I defrosted a portion of homemade veg chilli so really should have that. So that with brown rice and yoghurt.

I'm mega broke...payday 2morrow...treating myself to fresh veggies...:)

I didn't have this last night...but just had it now and it was super lush. I really do make the most delicious veg chilli...:oops: :)

We had a blast from the past - sosmix balls :cool: :D with a tomato and olive sauce, with mixed root vegetable mash and tiny baby spuds.

We had spinach and watercress soup, with goats cheese crostinis. Mmm. And there's a banana and walnut cake cooling off that's itching to be eaten with clotted cream!

We had a blast from the past - sosmix balls :cool: :D with a tomato and olive sauce, with mixed root vegetable mash and tiny baby spuds.

is that just the soya made into lil balls ? asda do frozen veggie meat balls that I think are rather nice...and good to have in the freezer

is that just the soya made into lil balls ? asda do frozen veggie meat balls that I think are rather nice...and good to have in the freezer

It's a dry mix of TVP and herbs that you add water too then fry... not as 'meaty' as veggie meat balls, but iirc you can get different flavours... sausage, burgermix, country herbs etc. Was a blast from the past when I read that post too. I've not had it for years, I used to eat it loads. Deep fried balls added to stews were my favourite.

Not got much in tbh, and I'm feeling very uninspired and lazy... can feel a curry order coming on

Vegetable platter
Tikka paneer
Bindi channa masala
rice and a paratha... sorted :D

It's a dry mix of TVP and herbs that you add water too then fry... not as 'meaty' as veggie meat balls, but iirc you can get different flavours... sausage, burgermix, country herbs etc. Was a blast from the past when I read that post too. I've not had it for years, I used to eat it loads. Deep fried balls added to stews were my favourite.

Vegetable platter
Tikka paneer
Bindi channa masala
rice and a paratha... sorted :D

I remember sosmix...came in a red & white pkt ? I used to make veggie burgers out of it...I used to load it with chilli. Always tasted lush.

I haven't had a takeaway curry since Feb I think !!!

Sosmix is great - no pretence at being meaty, which is why I like it. I put a few drops of chilli sauce in the middle of each ball as a nice surprise :cool:

Apparently our boiler has a gas leak....which means - after waiting in all day for them yesterday - I have to wait in again today for them to come and (hopefully!) fix it (although they haven't even located where the leak is coming from so far), when I'm supposed to be out sorting stuff for the small girls birthday tomorrow, as well as sorting out a couple of other pretty urgent things. :(

Anyway - I was so fucked off about it all last night (I cried in fact... :oops: ..it was like one of those 'last straw' moments...so the small girl gave me a kiss and said 'stupid boiler! :mad: ' heh heh!) that I fucked the cooking off and ordered a chinese...a wonton soup, a chicken and sweetcorn soup, a couple of spring rolls and a roast duck on rice to share between us.

So tonight is the salmon! :D

Gotta cook the cake too - a moist chocolate cake made with ground almonds :cool: - lets just hope I'm not having to boil kettles to do my washing up eh (boiled 5 already for a pathetic 'bath' this morning)? <sigh>

Really nice and (fairly) healthy dinner last night.
Chicken breasts in the George Foreman with salad, dressing, a little grated cheese and a crusty roll.

That plus ten hours sleep has made me feel good this morning so gonna grab another healthy meal tonight. Not sure what to go for though, will have a think and keep watching this thread for inspiration.

this we're going to have thai red chicken curry with rice :) but not sure, it might be a chorizo/prawn rice thingy instead - up to bees as I forgot the take the meat out of the freezer and he's at home today :D

Don't think I've ever tried spam, had luncheon meat a long time ago - ok in sarnies; corned beef - a winner in hash. Just don't think spam would work in fajitas tbh.

i was thinking of something nice and light like salmon and veg but as i have an unshiftable cold i might do meet balls in a chilli tomato sauce with spaghetti.

Even with a Hollandaise sauce using powerded egg?
puke.gif

Hollandaise sauce has no place on fajitas :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom