Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (pt3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway - mine are not all prepared and heo's got a pan of water on, so I'm off to cook them now and then stuff myself stupid. :cool:

Woohoooo!!! :D

There's also a very nice recipe for wonton filling in that book if you need it cos there's no way you and Alex will eat 50 in one sitting!

I had 10 last night and was stuffed...heo had 15... :eek: and as I said, even half that amount would do in a broth with extra veg.

So you could just make up half of the pork mince recipe I posted, do 25 today (plenty, plenty, plenty!) and save the other half of the wrappers for wonton soup?

Or cook the lot and try out the deep frying thing for me tomorrow! :D

Anyway, whatever you decide to do - hope you like 'em! :cool:

We're having heo's spicy turkey burgers in pitta with salad and plot corn on the cob (which is nearly finished now :( ).

And the other half of the treacle tart!

They sound grand Sheo. May have to make up a batch shortly. Can't beat dumplings of all varieties

May be worth making up a batch of wontons for soup at the same time. Much the same recipe, but you can twist the wonton sheets into a slightly different shape - fill and then fold over into a slightly unequal triangle (you want a bit of loose pastry around one edge of the triangle) and then twist the peak to seal into a wonton ball.

Filling's much the same too - swap chopped water chestnuts for the pak choi and maybe put in a chilli, chopped prawns and more spring onion. Dump to cook in chicken stock, along with some pak choi towards the end of cooking, and that's pretty much wonton soup.

I'm doing them tomorrow rather than today. I probably will do 1/2 quantity :)

Although I think they'll probably freeze uncooked, won't they?

Can't see why they wouldn't. Onions and chives tend to get a little more bitter when they defrost for some reason though.

If you're near a decent sized Oriental superstore they generally sell fresh/unfrozen wonton leaves as well, which at least means that you don't have to make/eat a whole packet's wort at once.

the remains of last nights 3 bean chilli :cool:

we had a fab lunch too so it won't be for a while yet :D going to have it with roast baby new spuds that need eating up

I'm in on my own tonight and I'm bored already :oops: this doesn't bode well does it :oops:

I've had (already! Going out tonight...) chicken drumsticks in yakitori sauce and noodles stir-fried with carrots, onions and red peppers. It was alright, nothing special.

aqua said:
I'm in on my own tonight and I'm bored already :oops: this doesn't bode well does it :oops:

Never mind chick there's always the rugby on the tele. :rolleyes: :D

I've got a thai red chicken curry from sainsburys. It's not bad actually. :)

and I thought you were my friend :p

can't you leave the kids home alone and we could go out :D

aqua said:
and I thought you were my friend :p

can't you leave the kids home alone and we could go out :D

Errr, if I didn't have to get up early tomorrow to take them to the police station open day then I might have been tempted. :D

Plus, I've got to do my ironing................:rolleyes:

Some kind of black eyed pea, potato, onion and garlic concoction in some kind of spicy tomato sauce, with brown basmati rice and maybe chappatis-home made.

ate the chilli, a block of cheese (couldn't be arsed to grate it :oops:) and some new spuds

and now I can't move :oops: I ate way too much again :oops:

i made emparedaos de calabacin ( cheese and ham sandwhiched between courgette slices then covered in light batter and fried) patatas de tia carmen (potatoes with ham in bechemal sauce) , huevos a la flamenca, chorizo and bean stew, chorizo fried so its oil escapes, bread to mop up said oil , and a tortilla with onion and peppers

it was very very very yum

i'm going to have a snickers bar plus a couple of leftover samosas :D ....oh yea and some coriander chutney

Roast lamb, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, brocolli, sprouts (oh yeah!), carrots, peas, yorkshire pudding and gravy. :cool:

*Undoes trousers in readiness*

momos? what are momos sheo? :confused:

we're having baked pototoes and chicken in a spanish kind of sauce. with corn on the cob. lots of butter then! :)

if i can find the damn corn wotsits? what are they called, the little things you poke into corn on the cob...

foo said:
momos? what are momos sheo? :confused:

momos are tibetan dumplings - yum!

comme ca

momo_darjeeling.jpg

well i spectacularly fucked up that bit of quoting didn't i :D

i'm off to peel onions. and sob.

sod ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom