Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I am super excited about dinner tonight, it's stuff I've not cooked before. Lamb's liver fried in butter with spicy broccoli and cauliflower on the side. Then I'm also cooking a pastry tart with the leftover broccoli, some brie, and possibly some beetroot. This is for a savoury dessert / tomorrow's lunch.

All ingredients for today / tomorrow sourced for under £6. :cool:

Thanks to Stanley's thread I've started with canned mussels in Escabeche sauce ...
I have a can of octopus somewhere ....

Lovely housemates had a ginormous plate of stir-fry with beef and tasty crunchy veggies waiting for me when I got home from the gym.* Yum!

Speaking of which, I might have another few forks full before I brush my teeth...

*lovely housemate was also in the process of turning my virus-riddled doom machine back into an as good as new laptop. Another wonderful thing to come home to!

Chippy tea. Don't know what they sell yet so we'll all have to go down there and have a look.

child-very-excited1.jpg

weather's crap - better have comfort stew - but can't decide if we should have dumplings.
Dumplings are essential, imo - did you have them then?

Well, my chachouka was fucking ace, but I managed to burn myself twice AGAIN on the fucking steel frying pan :mad:

Anyhoo - tonight I will be making chickpea, spinach, and porcini soup, and will have with doorstep bread and butter. Apple and blackberry pie for afters with a sea of custard :cool:

Last night's laksa was easy and delicious, will definitely be making it again.
It was just the thing for the bloke's cold too.

Tonight we've got some peri-peri pork loin steaks, and I think I'll do some sort of lentil dish to go with them.

Dumplings are essential, imo - did you have them then?
Stop fretting. We had dumplings and they did their dumpling job properly. Once I thought dumplings there was no way I'd make anything else. I was worried that Mrs C wouldn't like them as I spilled the Cajun seasoning :oops: when I added it to the dumplings but she thought they were gooduns.:)

hmmm. Mashed banana and yoghurt for breakfast, porridge for elevensis and soup for lunch. Mashed potato and scrambled egg for dinner :( I want to BITE something :mad:

Stop fretting. We had dumplings and they did their dumpling job properly. Once I thought dumplings there was no way I'd make anything else. I was worried that Mrs C wouldn't like them as I spilled the Cajun seasoning :oops: when I added it to the dumplings but she thought they were gooduns.:)
For the record, I wasn't fretting, but I am glad you enjoyed your dumplings :)

Back
Top Bottom