Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I went to the BBC website for some ideas for something to cook through the week and was confronted with 'Nigellissima' in big bold letters at the top of the screen. It immediately annoyed me enough to go to another website for recipe ideas.

I dug out the tagine, but I can't really think of anything to do with it other than make curry!

Fishcakes, wedges and salad in dressing for wifey.

Pork in mustard and honey with fried Portobello mushrooms, wedges and salad for me.

I feel like death itself, so lentil soup/stew thing packed with nourishing goodness. Shredded pork knuckle and chorizo for flavour, stock, garlic, peas, spinach, carrots and mushrooms.

Jus-roll pizza in the oven now - I used to get the roll-out pizza dough from Lidl (just like you can buy in the supermarket in Italy) but they stopped doing it. I saw this stuff today, comes in a can like those croissants.
On the tin it said, 2 pizzas, one pizza serves 4. Having rolled it out I can only come to the conclusion that they mean 4 pixies, it can't be humans.

Bits from the freezer and a couple of chopped up potatoes, sort of slow cooked with a ham stock cube, the last of the dry cider, carraway seeds, lime juice, and cajun seasoning.

So I'll be getting the camping stove out for this week's culinary challenges, starting tonight with macaroni cheese.

Had a change of plan - decided to save macaroni cheese for the first meal in our new cooker :cool:

The littlun decided we should have veggie spag bol. Quite easy on the camping stove, but could only find mushrooms, butter beans, carrots, tomatoes and a bean feast.

has anyone ever eaten a Bean Feast within the use by date? This one went out of date in 2008, made absolutely no difference.

A pretty minging bolognese tbh, but the fambly liked it.

Tonight will be mushroom and cheese risotto. I have some taleggio I'd like to use, but I don't think it'll work in risotto, too soft.

Back
Top Bottom