Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Chicken casserole. I've got some chicken thighs marinating in the fridge, gonna do them with mushrooms, parsnips, kale, carrots and butter beans. I've got some wine to use up, too.

Wraps with crispy battered chicken, iceberg lettuce, yellow pepper, mayo, chilli sauce (for me) and alphabites on the side.

I just made some meatballs with beef mince, haricot beans, few slices of wholemeal bread, beef stock, salt pepper and 50 gms of feta cheese and 2 eggs and a little red wine- mashed it all up into a pulp and made into balls and baked in the oven and then served with a chilli, pepper and tomato sauce with some pasta-mmmmmmmmmmmmm:cool:

Fajitas, or something resembling them, a load of veg fried in some spices in wraps with Philadelphia as we had no sour cream and Chilli sauce because I couldn't be arsed making salsa.

Just made a big pan of minestrone for work lunches using the River Cottage recipe I found online. It looks a bit cabbage heavy. I'll be farting like fuck tomorrow afternoon.

I just made some meatballs with beef mince, haricot beans, few slices of wholemeal bread, beef stock, salt pepper and 50 gms of feta cheese and 2 eggs and a little red wine- mashed it all up into a pulp and made into balls and baked in the oven and then served with a chilli, pepper and tomato sauce with some pasta-mmmmmmmmmmmmm:cool:

coulda been made easier....but still sounds divine....and no doubt tasted it.

Yesterday's tea was an interesting experiment in use by dates ..

The over-priced salad bowl was sealed so was OK even after hanging around out of a fridge for a couple of days - amazing what French dressing can do ...

The Linda McCartney sausages were similarly fine.

When it came to the free range eggs that were weeks old, the first two went into the pan fine - albeit the yolks broke...
When it came to the third one, luckily I caught the somewhat green and solidified yolk in the shell before it added a bit too much sulphur to the fried eggs ...

There's only one egg left in the box. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom