Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

What type of ryvita? I've got a few types in at the moment - ordinary dark rye, black pepper and some sweet onion ones.
I always buy Dark Rye. I like them.

My mum, who was nearly always on a diet, used to get the 1970s plain style Ryvita, which might as well be cardboard, and I won't pay an extra 50p for a pack with an added teaspoonful of onion seeds / sesame seeds/ black pepper.

I understand your wanting to keep your options open on the crispbread front, and, as you often never say, variety is the spice of life, but I'm not prepared to sell out on this one.

I always buy Dark Rye. I like them.

My mum, who was nearly always on a diet, used to get the 1970s plain style Ryvita, which might as well be cardboard, and I won't pay an extra 50p for a pack with an added teaspoonful of onion seeds / sesame seeds/ black pepper.

I understand your wanting to keep your options open on the crispbread front, and, as you often never say, variety is the spice of life, but I'm not prepared to sell out on this one.
They were on offer on Ocado, so about 60p a pack. I've also got some Swedish rye crispbreads in so I'm well stocked up on that front at the moment. They're nice to eat by themselves, but I also dunk them in soup or put mashed pilchards on them.

nachos - tin of Black beans stewed in tomatoes/onions, chilli sauce and garam masala on cheapo Sainsbos corn chips. Baked in the oven for a bit with cheese. Supermarket Strawberries for afters - as we’ve been having every night for a while - as they’re so good right now.

We / I try and do something "national" themed for the football.

So tonight (being as the others were working , I knocked up a Spanish theme meal from scratch - manchego cheese and Spanish home made patatas bravas spiced up with chorizo , garlic bread and fresh french stick. Rioja.

Went down a storm I have to admit.

Any ideas for Denmark bar bacon ?

Any ideas for Denmark bar bacon ?
We live in Denmark :cool:

You often get a Scandi tapas - smoked salmon, brings in various formats, Scandi strong cheese, hard boiled eggs, radishes/cucumbers, cream cheese, yogurt with dill and rye bread. Then you must beautifully organise the toppings on the bread. Serve with schnapps and many beers. Lækker!

Alternatively, order a take-away but pay them £80 :thumbs:

We live in Denmark :cool:

You often get a Scandi tapas - smoked salmon, brings in various formats, Scandi strong cheese, hard boiled eggs, radishes/cucumbers, cream cheese, yogurt with dill and rye bread. Then you must beautifully organise the toppings on the bread. Serve with schnapps and many beers. Lækker!

Alternatively, order a take-away but pay them £80 :thumbs:

Thank you - never been to Denmark , but "open sandwiches" was something a work mate who was there for a few months work raved about for a while ! - great ideas - any meat preferences / reccomendations please.

I like the many beers options , - but my 2 young adults at home are not great drinkers (thank the Lord !)

Can't decide between veggie meatballs and LG bolog sauce, pimped with toms and herbs, with fusilli, orrrr pasta arrabiatta, with leftover feta in.

I think I'm leaning towards the meatballs.

Rest of the coffee and walnut cake with a decaff tea for afters.

We decided in the end for minced beef pie (home made) , green beans and home made Yorkshire puddings for tonight . Sorry Denmark , though Mrs GCR offered to get some Danish Pastries in.

Last night's Patatas Bravas , even if I say it myself , was outstanding - I had eyed the leftovers up for lunch but no 1 son took it to work , with what was left of the garlic bread.

Back
Top Bottom