Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Spag bol with garlic flatbread.
Lidl fake minty magnum for pudding.

Now I've stopped doing click and collect at Tesco and back to shopping at Lidl, I can't believe how much money I'm saving. It has the added bonus of feeling like I'm on holiday too. Just wish I could get some jamon Ruffles to have have with a small beer.

Thursday night nothing because feeling too grim. Friday night spiced grain bowl thing microwaved by me because after a day feeling grim not feeling as grim. Tonight, mac and greens microwaved by upstairs neighbour as feeling grim, but not too grim to eat. Grapes for pudding.

Feta, pea and lemon quiche that wasn’t the sum of its parts and quite dear being a Higgidy one

Ice cream snickers

That's a real shame, feta/pea/lemon is one of those classic combinations that should work (I like it in a pasta dish, but I can imagine quiche too). I often find quiche a bit hit and miss tbh but I got a lovely ham and leek own brand one off the reduced to clear shelf in Morrison's the other day for 20p and it was bloody lush, will definitely get again.

Haven't decided what to eat yet, my schedule is totally messed up today due to long wait at vets as they were running late, I got back and had a beer then went to sleep for a few hours and am only just starting to feel hungry. I think I might do a cheese salad sarnie. OR I am out of peas but am now considering a feta/lemon/basil pasta dish. Hmmm.

EDIT: Went for the sarnie in the end

Last edited:
Good Lord, I have cooked something. In fact I have finally cooked some of the veg I bought before the op. So, green beans, those that are still in an edible state, small potato salad and probably a tin of mackerel in tomato sauce. It was probably going to be something more interesting than the mackerel but Chop Chop failed to deliver that. The hospital said to eat protein.

Back
Top Bottom