Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I went out to take the washing in and Mr Next Door poked his head over the wall and said "I see you're taking your washing in, so we're going to have a BBQ. Do you want to come?"
I said I'd be delighted.
I nipped to the shop and got a bottle of wine, some pop for their kids and some ice cream, and we sat about in their garden for a few hours. All very delightful.

Slightly sad and watery tofu massaman curry which I'd been putting off as it turned out to require me to cook rice :mad: However I got a Chop Chop delivery with some microwave rice today so had that.

Allplants has been a mixed bag so far. Started well but the last couple have been meh. Maybe I should cancel the next delivery and try Cook.

Bit of Green and Black's for afters.

Monday - mini fry up
Tuesday - Tesco Finest bits - breaded pesto chicken kiev type thing/mac cheese for the girl, homemade oven chips and salad.
Weds - Veggie bol with lots of olives and a bit of salami for me/son
Today - Linda Mc duck, sticky rice, cucumber and spring onion, hoisin and mayo. Two thirds of a Yum yum and the last strawberries for pudding (I think it might stretch to one each).

Cheese rolls with lettuce and black pepper. Bought a 'living lettuce' from Coop, it has it's roots on so apparently watering it in the fridge will mean it'll keep growing. Have my doubts but will see if I can keep it alive.

You can do that with most supermarket lettuces - chop the leaves off a few cm above the base of the thing and just pop it in a saucer of water on the windowsill and it will grow more leaves.

Spring onions are another good one for that - leave a couple of cm at the bottom and stand them in a small amount of water in a glass or similar - you have to rinse them and change the water daily, but the green leaves will grow back.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom