Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Mock cheesy broccoli gnocchi with some actual cheese, more or less tolerable, two revolting vegan sausages, what must surely be the last of the purple sprouting broccoli from the garden. I have to stop the allplants frozen meals, I think they are actually turning me off the idea of veganism completely.

( in their defence, the sausages were my addition)

Pudding: some of the fantastically delicious ice cream from a place in Herne Hill Station which a friend brought me.

You could learn to make your own. Or get some of the part baked frozen ones. Put a freezer in the merguez wing.
I do love a cooking challenge so that's a thought, cheers. Not made bread since school though! Need to get the oven element replaced first, it's been bust for ages and I'm skint. When it's fixed I will have to consider extending the merguez wing though. Could do with Nick Knowles' number really :)

Broad bean and mushroom risotto. Don't have any white wine, thinking of adding some cider instead. Will that work?

How did it go? I often use a bit of dry cider in recipes if I am out of white wine, so I imagine it would turn out fine - not exactly the same, but a good meal!

Tonight I am cooking:

Fried halloumi and a small tuna steak for OH
Pork loin steak for me
Tomato, red onion, olive salad
Greek potatoes (roasted in olive oil, veg stock, lemon juice and oregano)
Tzatziki
Baguette (I know OH is going to want to turn a lot of his meal into a massive sarnie :D )

We also have some melt in the middle salted caramel puddings for afters (with custard). If we have room.

Oh I forgot to say I also have retsina to go with the above (finally made it to Greek Week at Lidl - came away with Retsina, olives and tinned octopus -we'll have the octopus another time). The retsina is all for me because OH can't stand the stuff but I love it - tis the taste of summer for me, it goes with a lot of the Greek themed food that I like to cook and eat :)

Wednesday - chilli con carne
Thursday - chicken breasts wrapped in bacon with green beans and the 1st batch of peas from the garden :thumbs:
Friday - rest of the chilli used to bake enchiladas
Yesterday - takeaway. Singapore noodles for him, duck pad Thai for me.
Today - jerk lamb, coleslaw, Spicy grains. Hopefully an ice cream from the can for pud but he seems to have gone awol :mad:

I've actually been to the supermarket albeit had a massive wobble at the length of the queues and got them to queue jump me. And done minor cookery.

So cold chicken, small spuds and salad bits with homemade pesto slathered on top. Basil and garlic from the garden. Satsuma and hobnobs.

Back
Top Bottom