Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

You could have the tomato soup cold, gazpacho style, then you wouldn't get warmed up.

Better still, put the tin in the fridge for an hour beforehand. Then you could save on the sorbet.
I tried a cold soup once and didn't like it. It didn't make me too hot so it was a good choice of tea. Added some dried seaweed flakes in for added health.

I'm now curious about tomato sorbet

Caramelised ancho lamb kebab tacos with dill yoghurt.
It should look like this, but probably will look like a dog's breakfast with my presentations:
View attachment 279393
Dunt matter though, as it's sure to taste good

I think you should not follow the photo exactly - for sure it looks pretty but in terms of flavours a little bit of dill goes a long way and there is a lot of dill involved in that photo! I'd just put some in the dip and not use any in the wraps themselves - the dill will come from the dip/sauce, no more is needed.

I think you should not follow the photo exactly - for sure it looks pretty but in terms of flavours a little bit of dill goes a long way and there is a lot of dill involved in that photo! I'd just put some in the dip and not use any in the wraps themselves - the dill will come from the dip/sauce, no more is needed.
Totally disagree. There can never be too much dill.

I couldn't face making a new batch of stew, so it was the leftover broth, a can of chickpeas and a head of broccoli - plus tahini, pickled veggies and Dijon mustard ...

Toast with camembert, beluga lentil salad with sundried tomatoes and olives, red cabbage and apple salad with walnuts and raisins. I thought the cabbage salad would be easy to make in the food processor but it wasn't and there was quite a lot of mild peril involved. Mostly because of having to get into the cabbage in the first place.

What interesting salads can be made with minimal peeling and chopping? If I lived near an M&S I'd probably just get loads of those little salad boxes. But I don't.

PS I have cracked and gone back to mindful chef for some frozen meals. Let's hope they are a bit better than allplants. I still have two of those left but can't face them.

Ocado might have been good for M&S ready meals etc but there's like a 5-day wait for a slot.

Toast with camembert, beluga lentil salad with sundried tomatoes and olives, red cabbage and apple salad with walnuts and raisins. I thought the cabbage salad would be easy to make in the food processor but it wasn't and there was quite a lot of mild peril involved. Mostly because of having to get into the cabbage in the first place.

What interesting salads can be made with minimal peeling and chopping? If I lived near an M&S I'd probably just get loads of those little salad boxes. But I don't.

Those bags of mixed salad leaves seem like a good idea at a time like this - add cherry tomatoes and olives which wouldn't need chopping. Radishes can also be added whole.

Sun - home made pizzas and salad
Mon - Singapore fried rice with loads of veggies and soy Fry's strips/char sui stir fried pork
Today - leek and potato soup/leek, potato, mushroom and chicken soup with grated cheese. Not exactly soup weather :hmm: but I made it all on Sun so other than fishing out the chicken thigh to strip and chop, it's zero effort, which feels like the most important thing right now!
Pineapple and peanut M&M's for pudding.

Back
Top Bottom