Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I bought a jar of reduced but still VERY expensive 'lobster glace' as an early birthday present to my son :D so am going to do sea bass in lobster cream sauce - and a fried egg for the girl :p - with jersey royals and asaparagus.

We didn't have the Angel Delight yesterday cos there wasn't enough milk, so that but with proper cream since I've bought a pot for the fish!

Dunno yet.

Got someone from the #grimnorth stopping over so Brawn, Gruel, Gravy or Pies and wot not 🤔
If you're in the area go to the tripe shop in Stalybridge. They sell rag puddings too if memory serves.

C_71_article_1025807_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Ooh nice, do you make the faggots yourself? Not had a good one in ages

Goodness me no. :D unless a box tells me explicitly how to cook something, i don't bother. I likes me some clear steps.

Nah, it'll be the supermarket stuff.

Goodness me no. :D unless a box tells me explicitly how to cook something, i don't bother. I likes me some clear steps.

Nah, it'll be the supermarket stuff.

Yeah I used to like the Mr Brains ones ok but last time I had them they were a bit disappointing and not how I remembered them :(
Need to find an alternative to try.

Only getting round to eating for the first time today....
View attachment 279990
I've invented the sausage, mash and pea salad!
Sausages, purple sweet mash potato salad, with garden peas and red spring onions, garlic, mayo, bit of mustard, black pepper and some salad leaves and beetroot.
That sounds and looks lovely (it looks very you too), I'd have to have veggie or chicken/turkey sausages with it tho'.

Last night: rather a lot of drink, then a couple of slices of cold pizza when I got home.

Tonight I am thinking of attempting the aubergine and lemon risotto moose - anything I need to know, is it a faff?
The Ottolenghi one? Only the prep of the aubergine 2 ways is a faff, really. I do the blistered one directly on a gas ring (with foil round the base of the ring to avoid mess). Or you can just shove it in a hot oven as he suggests. It needs to be proper collapsing. I just use my usual Kallo stock cubes as I CBA making stock. I add an extra squirt of lemon at the end because I love them so.

Don't forget the rules state that whilst one glass of wine belongs to the risotto, the rest belongs to the chef and should be consumed on the job.

Posh farmers market macaroni cheese and a slightly elderly courgette with the remains of the pesto I made last week. I say posh but actually the ready meals I get from that stall are both much cheaper and much nicer then the subscription ones I've been getting. I'd quite happily live off them except that they're a bit calorific and she doesn't have much variety. Chilled satsuma :cool:

I bought a jar of reduced but still VERY expensive 'lobster glace' as an early birthday present to my son :D so am going to do sea bass in lobster cream sauce - and a fried egg for the girl :p - with jersey royals and asaparagus.

We didn't have the Angel Delight yesterday cos there wasn't enough milk, so that but with proper cream since I've bought a pot for the fish!
I had to google lobster glace. The top result wasn't particularly enlightening:

Screenshot 2021-07-24 195243.png

Back
Top Bottom