Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Nipping round to this Portuguese French woman's house for moules marinières in a bit but I can't stop long as I want to watch some of the Benfica game in the bar .
Just an update: normal Portuguese affair as in when you get there you find about six or seven other people plus kids and assorted pets including a six week old kitten that the kids brought to me as some form of present to feed with milk and an ear drop type thing. Moules were great and they also had butterfly clams and three desserts so I gave up on the football at the bar idea and got stuck in. I asked the French Portuguese woman, who is here on holiday staying with family ( I know her brother)if she liked Macron, which she didn't as she told me she voted for Le Pen ! Apparently, doesn't like Arabs in France as they ' don't respect the law'. She asked me what politics I had so I tried to explain that I'm a communist but not a Russian type which brought some polite nods but its a very difficult for me to have a proper discussion with my limited Portuguese so the subject never went any further and they were all very friendly and neither her or the others never mentioned the Arabs again. Next time I see her, which I inevitably will as she appears at neighbours houses and in the cafe, I'll stick to discussing food .

Bravely tackled the hummus mountain (supermarket brought 2 large tubs with short dates on them) with thin rosemary/salt crackers.
Made serious in-roads.

I want some now! Love the stuff. You can freeze it btw, I always go for any that I see in the supermarket bearing the yellow sticker of joy :)

Similar to what I have had over the last couple of days but with fish instead of chicken - as I am doing it early so OH (pescetarian) can have a bowl before he leaves for work.

Long grain rice, coley, onion, garlic, red peppers, green beans, bit of white wine, tomato puree, chilli flakes, herbs, saffron, veg stock. Cheap, tasty, and quick to prep and cook :)

I don’t know. Clearly I thought I was a Kardashian when I did our tesco order that just arrived. There’s two finest meal deals, Prosecco etc I think I was tired and hungry.

Maybe whatever the chicken thing I ordered was with dauphinois potato. I don’t think we’ve got any veg though and I feel like that needs some broccoli and green beans.

I don’t know. Clearly I thought I was a Kardashian when I did our tesco order that just arrived. There’s two finest meal deals, Prosecco etc I think I was tired and hungry.

Maybe whatever the chicken thing I ordered was with dauphinois potato. I don’t think we’ve got any veg though and I feel like that needs some broccoli and green beans.

Our kettle tripped the electrics yesterday so instead of waiting until Friday when my normal delivery is due, I found a Tesco slot for tomorrow and ordered a kettle.
It was on an end of stock offer (£10.75 from £35 :thumbs: ) and I needed to make it up to £40, so got my girl in to look for stuff for my son's birthday ('interesting snacks' was what he requested*) - we now have a delivery due consisting solely of a kettle, some dried Polish sausages, two packs of 'Familiyne' chocolate wafers, a large bag of paprika crisps, a bottle of black cherry soda, a chunky Gin glass, a box of unicorn fruit hoop cereal and some baccy for me. :hmm:

*She has already got him a jar of Gin mayo and a packet of bacon flavoured instant mash.

Guess what DIDN'T come with the emergency KETTLE order? :cool: :mad:

I've made red braised pork and some Cantonese aubergine to have with rice and steamed pak choi, but my daughter has gone away for the night, so I'll save that for tomorrow.
Pesto pasta with olives, mackerel, broccoli and some extra cheddar for today. Peanut MM's for pudding.

Guess what DIDN'T come with the emergency KETTLE order? :cool: :mad:

I've made red braised pork and some Cantonese aubergine to have with rice and steamed pak choi, but my daughter has gone away for the night, so I'll save that for tomorrow.
Pesto pasta with olives, mackerel, broccoli and some extra cheddar for today. Peanut MM's for pudding.

I stopped using Tesco because they are shit for actually getting what you ordered (one Xmas I was left on Xmas eve with only half of my delivery, everything else out of stock including the salmon that was going to be our Xmas dinner - I'd placed the order in fucking November FFS, and had to spend my Xmas eve doing a panicked grocery shop instead of drinking mulled wine and getting pleasantly tipsy while pottering around prepping sprouts and spuds).

My tea today was an early one of Lidl syrup sponge puddings, chocolate puddings with salted caramel melting middles, clotted cream and Ambrosia custard. The syrup sponge puddings were especially lovely but I do feel a bit sick now, it was all too sweet and stodgy for me as I don't really have much of a sweet tooth

Back
Top Bottom