Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I'm going to bake a chicken breast for myself and fry a tuna steak for him. We'll have with steamed broccoli and colcannon, maybe some carrot too. I've got a swede and might have some of that, just for me though, he hates the stuff :D

Not sure yet exactly what I am going to do with the chicken breast, will have to have a marinade of some sort I reckon.

A packet of tortellini with carbonara sauce and rest of the apple pie and double cream. Strange dinner/tea combo as had gone back to bed and woke up at i30ish so had it at 2pm. Might have a bit of toast or choccy before bed.

Home made curry:

Chicken curry for me (medium hot with chicken, onions, tomatoes, red chillies, garlic, spices and just a little cream)
Fish and spinach curry for him (very hot with coley, onions, tomatoes, green chillies, garlic, green and orange peppers, carrot, spinach, and spices)

Tarka Daal (I honestly feel as though I have got this one down well now after a lot of practice and as long as I don't forget the split peas/lentils and burn them because I forgot to keep an eye on the water level, it is a fairly reliable dish!)

Turmeric rice - nothing fancy on the side as time was running short but some basmati cooked with a little salt and turmeric always goes down well

Pasta with a sauce made of whatever odds and sods in the fridge needed using. This is a familiar strategy in my house. Sometimes it's lovely and sometimes its muck or anywhere between those two.
Today's was very nice.

Nate has round 2 of his fish curry and tarka daal from last night when he gets in from work - I'll do him some more rice too or he might prefer bread & butter, his choice, or both if he wants.

I scoffed my leftover chicken curry and some daal for lunch because I was hungry. I am now hungry again so when he is eating I will probably have that pepperoni pizza that I know is lurking in the freezer

Back
Top Bottom