Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

I'm having sausage/bacon/onion/pea casserole
He is having a tuna steak and spicy ratatouille
Both having potato and courgette mash

Gotta disagree with that. A British homemade roast with Yorkshire's beats Chinese every time.No offence, but I love my roasts. I don't know why you chose to attack me for a phone typo on the book thread when your posts are littered with them and I'm a new member, but hey ho. Perhaps you're just full of angst.

Gotta disagree with that. A British homemade roast with Yorkshire's beats Chinese every time.No offence, but I love my roasts. I don't know why you chose to attack me for a phone typo on the book thread when your posts are littered with them and I'm a new member, but hey ho. Perhaps you're just full of angst.

Chill out ffs - this isn't the thread for it. If you really are a new member then this seems particularly targeted at one person which is looking a bit suspicious tbh. If you really are new here, then get used to being corrected and/or contradicted (typos, grammar, your world view) if you plan on staying here and don't take it so personally. And don't carry shit from one thread to another.

You weren't attacked.
You were spouting on about people writing on kindle who had grammar mistakes and spelling mistakes.
Then you wrote
"some times" as two words.
I found it ironic. And quoted you.

See?

Chill out.

Chill out ffs - this isn't the thread for it. If you really are a new member then this seems particularly targeted at one person which is looking a bit suspicious tbh. If you really are new here, then get used to being corrected and/or contradicted (typos, grammar, your world view) if you plan on staying here and don't take it so personally. And don't carry shit from one thread to another.
You weren't attacked.
You were spouting on about people writing on kindle who had grammar mistakes and spelling mistakes.
Then you wrote
"some times" as two words.
I found it ironic. And quoted you.

See?

I'm a bit stumped here, got pulled up by a long time member for a typo when I posted in my passion; books. It seemed a quite sarcastic comment and when I looked at their posts and saw that theirs contained plenty of same I just called it out because I'm new and I felt unnecessarily attacked for being so.

When you're new and just finding your way, sometimes text speech sounds sarcastic perhaps when it's not meant to?
It just felt mean when it was a mistake that happens to us all, no offence meant.

Saturday was bbq - sausages, burgers, green salad and German potato salad. Followed by gorgonzola and pecorino and red wine outside with a fire for the solstice :cool:

Last night was pizza - 1 x pepperoni passion and 1 x Napoletana to share. Fake magnums for pud.

Tonight is home Nando's - marinated chicken thighs, kol Rabi coleslaw, spicy wedges and spicy peas.

Last night I did steak, fries and padron peppers with a lovely bottle of red my oldest mate bought me for my 50th but only got to me last weekend as restrictions lifted.

Tonight is leftover Chinese/Thai - hot chicken wings, spicy beef and nasi goreng.

Not looking forward to dinner , it’s jackfruit wraps. I’m not keen on jackfruit but it’s what we have & needs eating.

ETA: well that was a strong no!

Last edited:
Saturday: Takeaway from an African place in town (first time I’ve tried them, but will be ordering again :thumbs:). Deep fried halloumi with chilli dip, chicken skewers in their house sauce, salad, pita and chips.

Last night: Sardines, salad and new potatoes,

Tonight: Baked potato with beans chilli then cheese. Plus sour cream and hot sauce.

I've lost the will to cook.

I've got some chicken thighs that might be off, and okra that is not as good as it was, etc. It's late grub tonight. :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom