Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Westminster to use constitutional tool to block Holyrood gender recognition law.

Tbh I'm astonished he's not been banned, for me he's the most hateful poster on urban, the most filled with hatred. His utter antipathy to trans people is astonishing

I'm not sure if they're a "he" or a "she" or neither, not that it matters, and I can't say I had noticed them before.

Thankfully I missed all the trans threads, a time where I drifted away from urban a few years back, if this is a flavour of what they were like.

Life's too short to deal with bigoted transphobes parroting attack lines from the Daily Express.

I'm not sure if they're a "he" or a "she" or neither, not that it matters, and I can't say I had noticed them before.

Thankfully I missed all the trans threads, a time where I drifted away from urban a few years back, if this is a flavour of what they were like.

Life's too short to deal with bigoted transphobes parroting attack lines from the Daily Express.
Sometimes he gets them from the mail

Tbh I'm astonished he's not been banned, for me he's the most hateful poster on urban, the most filled with hatred. His utter antipathy to trans people is astonishing

Oh Pickman's! Will you ever forgive me? I mean I have to be honest I think your desperate attempts to lever the issue as a 'lets-hate-on-co-op' thing is a bit transparent.

To be honest, I see a lot more "hatred" coming off you than almost anyone else on these boards and I genuinely think that often you don't even know you're doing it. There's a lot of anger there inside you, you know? Even if I really am a total dick (which I'm going to contest, ok?) your relentless antipathy to me is at least 50% projection right?

Deal with the shit inside yourself and then you'd actually know when I'm being a wanker, instead of being utterly blinded by the past. Right now you're just the sad sack kid desperately trying to curry favour with the playground gang in order to get them to hate on me, I'm pretty sure most people can see that.*

eta - *although they'd mostly die rather than admit it of course

I only accept your victory because you said it's "not relatable" and I'm a big respecter of passive aggression.
People really seem to struggle with the meaning of “passive aggressive”. Passive-aggressive behavior - Wikipedia

When I said the turn of phrase wasn’t relatable I actually directly meant what I said. I intended no hidden meaning. I wasn’t trying to avoid a confrontation.

I simply meant in order for your catchphrase to have meaning in my life it would need to be something that happens. Like catching your foreskin in your zip or stubbing your toe. I have never accidentally or deliberately caused myself injury or hurt by sitting on my balls. It isn’t, in my experience of the world, a thing.

Jesus. I actually feel like putting a thread I started on ignore.

Oh Pickman's! Will you ever forgive me? I mean I have to be honest I think your desperate attempts to lever the issue as a 'lets-hate-on-co-op' thing is a bit transparent.

To be honest, I see a lot more "hatred" coming off you than almost anyone else on these boards and I genuinely think that often you don't even know you're doing it. There's a lot of anger there inside you, you know? Even if I really am a total dick (which I'm going to contest, ok?) your relentless antipathy to me is at least 50% projection right?

Deal with the shit inside yourself and then you'd actually know when I'm being a wanker, instead of being utterly blinded by the past. Right now you're just the sad sack kid desperately trying to curry favour with the playground gang in order to get them to hate on me, I'm pretty sure most people can see that.*

STOP

For all your talk of honesty that's a very dishonest post. I don't give a toss about your opinion of me. Yeh I'm angry but I'm not angry about the minute proportion of trans people like you are, I'm angry about injustice and capitalism and its consequences and racism and sexism and the way the climate's fucked. You're a miserable excuse for a human being, me - I'm just miserable.

For all your talk of honesty that's a very dishonest post. I don't give a toss about your opinion of me. Yeh I'm angry but I'm not angry about the minute proportion of trans people like you are, I'm angry about injustice and capitalism and its consequences and racism and sexism and the way the climate's fucked. You're a miserable excuse for a human being, me - I'm just miserable.

I don't see why anything you say makes what I said "dishonest", fwiw I was trying to help you lay a ghost to rest, you always seem to be absolutely busting a gut to lay into me.

It's just an internet bulletin board. It seems unhealthy, a little bit obsessive. It's doing me no damage (I usually have you on ignore) but it must be doing you a bit of harm, it's been - what? - 5 years? 8 years? Feck knows, since our little spat. Give it a rest for your own sake. Or don't. Whatever. The only thing that seems to be objective is that I can wind you up better than you can wind me up so why not just walk away? Stick me on ignore, that would probably help.

I don't see why anything you say makes what I said "dishonest", fwiw I was trying to help you lay a ghost to rest, you always seem to be absolutely busting a gut to lay into me.

It's just an internet bulletin board. It seems unhealthy, a little bit obsessive. It's doing me no damage (I usually have you on ignore) but it must be doing you a bit of harm, it's been - what? - 5 years? 8 years? Feck knows, since our little spat. Give it a rest for your own sake. Or don't. Whatever. The only thing that seems to be objective is that I can wind you up better than you can wind me up so why not just walk away? Stick me on ignore, that would probably help.
No indeed, it's what you say that makes it dishonest. Someone honest wouldn't go on about how they have to be honest etc several times in one post, would they. I've had you on ignore for years, I just looked under your stone and saw you scuttling about today

Thread started in good faith.

Best to nuke " it's just an internet bulletin board" transphobes instead.
It's not just that. It's the uninformed people who don't live here on both sides of this particular question who are jumping in and pontificating on stuff they actually don't know about, because it suits whichever agenda they have. And the endless tedious nitpicky willy-waggling behaviour.

It's not just that. It's the uninformed people who don't live here on both sides of this particular question who are jumping in and pontificating on stuff they actually don't know about, because it suits whichever agenda they have. And the endless tedious nitpicky willy-waggling behaviour.

Lived in the UK for two decades, and its an important subject. Whether such discrimination is happening there, the US or elsewhere. As for subject of Westminster interference, would be very much in favour of independence for Scotland (and Irish unification). There are pleny here on urban who dont reside in the UK, should they keep quiet and only comment on the countries the are currently in? Or UK residents should not comment on other countries/issues? That would restrict commentary on many subjects for many posters, tbf.

Lots of daft things being said about trans people and trans rights on here too - I don't think you have to live in Scotland to comment on that aspect. Besides, it is possible to live in England and comment in an informed way on this stuff, especially as its the Westminster government who are intent on crushing the rights of trans people any way they can right now.

Lots of daft things being said about trans people and trans rights on here too - I don't think you have to live in Scotland to comment on that aspect. Besides, it is possible to live in England and comment in an informed way on this stuff, especially as its the Westminster government who are intent on crushing the rights of trans people any way they can right now.

Indeed.If you can't challenge someone here who espouses transphobic views, under the guise of what us the best way to counter Westminster interference , where can you do it?

Blocking the gender recognition law is the thin end of the wedge.

Careful now. If we accept classifying things as 'the thin end of the wedge', next thing you know we'll have to accept 'slippery slope' arguments.

Don't believe that trans rights for a small part of Scottish society will have an effect on the majority of people there. Whereas Westminster coming down heavy on their laws might.

The fact is that the actual story - rather than the red herrings about convicted rapists thrown at it by the media - the actual story is in abeyance until we hear more about a challenge by the Scottish Government to the section 35 order. We would expect this initially to occur at the Outer House of the Court of Session in Edinburgh.

Don't believe that trans rights for a small part of Scottish society will have an effect on the majority of people there. Whereas Westminster coming down heavy on their laws might.

Come on, if you propose that the Section 35 order might indicate a move towards a broader Tory attack on trans rights then it's only fair to also recognise slippery slope gender critical concerns that making it easier for trans people to change their legal gender will result in women''s toilets being overrun by rapists dressed as women waving Gender Recognition Certificates and that paedophiles will be put in charge of schools full of mutilated sterilised children who identity as cats. And no-one will be able to do anything about it because words will have lost all meaning and human beings will no longer be able to communicate. It's only fair to see both sides. Another insightful contribution from a gender critical chap.

Come on, if you propose that the Section 35 order might indicate a move towards a broader Tory attack on trans rights then it's only fair to also recognise slippery slope gender critical concerns that making it easier for trans people to change their legal gender will result in women''s toilets being overrun by rapists dressed as women waving Gender Recognition Certificates and that paedophiles will be put in charge of schools full of mutilated sterilised children who identity as cats. And no-one will be able to do anything about it because words will have lost all meaning and human beings will no longer be able to communicate. It's only fair to see both sides. Another insightful contribution from a gender critical chap.
If that’s meant to be lampooning Santino ’s post, I don’t think that’s fair. I think he really was just making a linguistic joke about slippery slopes being the thin end of the wedge. Which may have been ill-judged given the feelings that circulate around these issues, but I don’t think he was making a GC point.

If that’s meant to be lampooning Santino ’s post, I don’t think that’s fair. I think he really was just making a linguistic joke about slippery slopes being the thin end of the wedge. Which may have been ill-judged given the feelings that circulate around these issues, but I don’t think he was making a GC point.

I'd be more likely to give him the benefit of the doubt if he hadn't previously dropped gender critical zingers into these kinds of discussions but I take your point, and also that it's probably best to wait and see now what Holyrood's next move is before commenting further.

Back
Top Bottom