Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Westminster to use constitutional tool to block Holyrood gender recognition law.

Yes, this comes back to my ongoing point of describing people as "biological [insert]". One can't tell a person's biological makeup by anything but a chromosomal test. As you say, why not just gender people by how they say they want to be gendered and live their lives.
As I understand it a chromosomal test doesn't provide absolute proof either. You do get women with XY XY gonadal dysgenesis - Wikipedia which is assumed to be rare, but we don't really know as so few people actually get tested. It tends to only show up if someone has a related health issue and require testing.

As I understand it a chromosomal test doesn't provide absolute proof either. You do get women with XY XY gonadal dysgenesis - Wikipedia which is assumed to be rare, but we don't really know as so few people actually get tested. It tends to only show up if someone has a related health issue and require testing.
That's a really good point reminding me that chromosomal tests aren't proof of the "biology" either.

"Biology" is a shifting sand signal.
I

Any trans person knows though. I lost literally every single friend I had when i transitioned, and my family.
That is so tough, I'm sorry. Please do come back to the sofa if you need to chat. Promise to be more mindful of keeping the thread safe for you. Visiting homo/transphobes are not welcome there.
My partner died in 2020 after we moved to Dover together. So its been a bit rough. Trying to find my feet again, but its not easy at my age.
I'm so to hear that, sorry for your loss. Sincere condolences and best wishes.

Back
Top Bottom