Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US election 2020 thread

But was that luck, or judgement? :)

A little of both? If he hadn't been so in your face about it, it's possible I could have been sucked in. Hubby voted for him in 2016. And in 2016, while for the first time in a very long time I decided I couldn't give my vote to the Republican candidate, I still thought he had a chance of being a decent president. I was not prepared in any way for how bad it would get.

A little of both? If he hadn't been so in your face about it, it's possible I could have been sucked in. Hubby voted for him in 2016. And in 2016, while for the first time in a very long time I decided I couldn't give my vote to the Republican candidate, I still thought he had a chance of being a decent president. I was not prepared in any way for how bad it would get.

At least you saw the light eventually. Though many would say it was perfectly obvious from his campaign that he'd be a complete car crash of a president.

The man has no empathy

Last edited:
This was on last night, catching up with some of the "insurrectionists" from Jan 6th that reporter spoke to then

After the Storm: America's Enemy Within
Episode 1 - Robert Moore travels across the United States to track down the perpetrators he encountered during the Capitol attack on January 6th.

Vanity Fair: "The former NYC mayor is having a very bad day—even worse than the one on which he discovered he’d been sleeping with his second cousin for 14 years."
TBF, that sort of thing can happen to anyone. Years ago my brother was "getting on very nicely with a young woman", to the point where they invited both of of their mothers along to lunch together, at which point it was discovered that they were half cousins!

Vanity Fair: "The former NYC mayor is having a very bad day—even worse than the one on which he discovered he’d been sleeping with his second cousin for 14 years."

Ah I see from that article that he has a son who is more than capable of saying silly things.

I'm not sure if it was really a question of him discovering it after 14 years, as opposed to a convenient way to end the marriage without a divorce!

Guiliani's 14-year marriage to Peruggi ended in 1983 (via The New York Times). They didn't get divorced. Instead, Peruggi and Guiliani's marriage was annulled on the grounds that they were second cousins once removed (yup), and hadn't obtained a church dispensation before marrying (via The New York Times).

After the water mark nonsence turned up nothing, time to move onto the next theory.

Arizona Republicans are examining whether there is bamboo fiber in ballots that were used in the 2020 election, an activist assisting with the ongoing audit of the ballots told reporters this week. The latest claim underscores how rightwing conspiracy theories continue to fuel doubt about the results of the results.

“There’s accusation that 40,000 ballots were flown in to Arizona and it was stuffed into the box and it came from the south-east part of the world, Asia, and what they’re doing is to find out whether there’s bamboo in the paper,” John Brakey, a longtime election audit advocate, told reporters

After the water mark nonsence turned up nothing, time to move onto the next theory.

Bamboo fibre? Fucking really? Apparently the Chinese government is clever enough to orchestrate a plan to inject fake ballots into the US electoral process, but not smart enough to make sure that the ballots they use are made with all-American wood pulp?

These people think in caricature.

It's a good job it's impossible to make ballot papers from anything other than locally sourced fibres, as well as being impossible to import paper from other countries using evil mind control fibres, or this conspiracy theory would start to look ridiculous.

You can see the same thing happening here too. From the sheer content of scandiwegian pine in most UK paper stocks it's no surprise that the UK has had such a run of voting for progressive socially democratic policies recently.

After intervention from the Justice Department, the Arizona Senate has halted plans to proceed with a controversial election auditing measure that would have allowed contractors to visit voters door-to-door and interrogate them about their voting record. The Republican-controlled Senate is auditing the election results in Maricopa County, the largest county in the state and one won by Joe Biden, in spite of its long history of voting for Republican candidates. As part of the process, officials contracted a conspiracy-prone firm called Cyber Ninjas, which started work to “statistically identify voter registrations that did not make sense, and then knock on doors to confirm if valid voters actually lived at the stated address.”

But in a letter to Senate President Karen Fann, the DOJ said the process could target minority communities and have “significant intimidating effect” on voters. If the canvassing continued, the DOJ warned it might violate several civil rights laws against voter intimidation, and the DOJ might sue. Fann wrote back on Friday, noting the Senate would “indefinitely defer” that part of the program.

Lots of "former" people signing that. Easy when they've got nothing to lose.
Come back to me when it's "current" congresspeople, governors, ambassadors etc.

Lots of "former" people signing that. Easy when they've got nothing to lose.
Come back to me when it's "current" congresspeople, governors, ambassadors etc.
Careful now, next you'll be saying that the opinions of Peter Mandelson, Tony Blair and Lord Adonis are not that relevant in the year 2021! :eek:

Anyway, fwiw there has been a bit of stuff going on with "currents" - Liz Cheney got removed as the conference chair (I didn't know what that means but says here it's "the party’s third-highest-ranking House position", so sounds reasonably important) last week, bit more on that here. I dunno where all this will leave the big Republican donors, who I imagine would tend to want Reagan/Bush style policies without necessarily wanting to get tied into the QAnon circus of Trumpism.

I imagine would tend to want Reagan/Bush style policies without necessarily wanting to get tied into the QAnon circus of Trumpism.
I think they'd rather just keep the Democrats out of power and fuck the consequences

Careful now, next you'll be saying that the opinions of Peter Mandelson, Tony Blair and Lord Adonis are not that relevant in the year 2021! :eek:

Anyway, fwiw there has been a bit of stuff going on with "currents" - Liz Cheney got removed as the conference chair (I didn't know what that means but says here it's "the party’s third-highest-ranking House position", so sounds reasonably important) last week, bit more on that here. I dunno where all this will leave the big Republican donors, who I imagine would tend to want Reagan/Bush style policies without necessarily wanting to get tied into the QAnon circus of Trumpism.

Cheney was a typical GOP type until she developed the spine to disagree with 45ism. Then she was cancelled.

Ironic, cos all you hear from whiny Trumpist followers these days is about "cancel culture".

tis ponder the legal challenge to Roe v. Wade

almost as good as Jarad's plan for peace in the middle east

QAnon shaman's lawyer appears to be going for the "my client is incredibly stupid" defense.

“A lot of these defendants — and I’m going to use this colloquial term, perhaps disrespectfully — but they’re all f---ing short-bus people. ... These are people with brain damage, they’re f---ing retarded, they’re on the goddamn spectrum,” Watkins told the outlet.

Back
Top Bottom