Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban75 Album of the Year - best Live album Ever

As I don't look at peoples' votes before compiling the list, I have only just worked out what a chart might look like. There would be a top 6 - records that more than one person voted for. The top two are incredibly guessable, number three.....maybe.

MC5 - Kick Out the Jams was at 6. Anyone wanna make a guess at the other five?

How many more live albums lists would you need. I could rustle one up. Or 20 very similar lists, if requested.

Naah, it needs to double the amount of votes so far given. I may rerun later, holding these votes as back up.

Or I may lose the will to live and wish I'd never started this bloody notion!

I always feel out of my depth just reading these threads. But yeah, Lighthouse Family.
While I can understand that, please still vote. Even for the Lighthouse Family.

We do tend to go down wormholes into obscure shit that can seem like showing off. No one means it that way, but we do delve into obscure corners, which could make it almost embarrassing to say "I fucking love that Rod Stewart/Supertramp/Primal Scream/Rory & the Bumfarts" Which it shouldn't. It's good to be remined of how good the Bumfarts were occasionally (tho' not Supertramp - dear god, *******, how could you?).

It is reet exciting, for some of us, to find those weird pieces we missed at the time. But most of them dont actually make it onto our lists.

BB King Live at the Regal
The Corrs Unplugged
Thin Lizzy Live and Dangerous
Tom Waits Nighthawks at the Diner
Christy Moore Live at the Point

BB King Live at the Regal
The Corrs Unplugged
Thin Lizzy Live and Dangerous
Tom Waits Nighthawks at the Diner
Christy Moore Live at the Point

Not sure about Nighthawks

Nighthawks at the Diner is the third studio album by singer and songwriter Tom Waits, released on October 21, 1975 on Asylum Records. It was recorded over four sessions in July in the Los Angeles Record Plant studio in front of a small invited audience set up to recreate the atmosphere of a jazz club

Shame, because it's a good album

Back
Top Bottom