Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

UK courtroom to hear evidence against the official narrative of 9/11

Let him post his drivel, let him get destroyed each time. If he ever openly posts in support of the anti-semitic and racist shit that underpins his beliefs - off him. He's useful as a way to expose the links of the rotten networks he is neck up to in the shit of.

Well I've reported both posts and nothing seems to have happened.

Why is Jazzz able to get away with shit that would see others banned or warned?
TBF, mod response isn't often instant.

I think butchersapron is right, though, in that while Jazzz posts shit and lies, and is potentially quite dangerous - or would be if he wasn't continually being challenged by so many posters - he mostly lacks the downright nastiness of people like gunneradt. And I suppose he's got a long enough track record here that there's a bit of a nostalgia thing going on, too, perhaps :)

I'd be reluctant to see him banned - I'd far rather see him forced to post with more integrity, and if he chooses to find that intolerable and bale out voluntarily, that'd be fine by me.

I'd be reluctant to see him banned - I'd far rather see him forced to post with more integrity, and if he chooses to find that intolerable and bale out voluntarily, that'd be fine by me.

I couldn't give a toss whether he's banned or not, but his "hit-run-ignore" tactics are expressly forbidden by the board rules and other posters have been banned for less. As I mentioned before, Tobyjug got slammed for similar shit and he at least was amusing.

Let him post his drivel, let him get destroyed each time.

If that is the only reason he's here I'm not sure whether his presence on the boards is just to serve as a hobby for those shooting him down. If that was the case then maybe it's better he was banned rather than keep being fed some resistance and as a consequence keep getting some kind of validation for his nonsense. There are plenty other idiots to keep the boards going.

I couldn't give a toss whether he's banned or not, but his "hit-run-ignore" tactics are expressly forbidden by the board rules and other posters have been banned for less. As mentioned before, Tobyjug got slammed for similar shit and he at least was amusing.
That is not why he was banned - you must have had this explained to you at least once now?

I couldn't give a toss whether he's banned or not, but his "hit-run-ignore" tactics are expressly forbidden by the board rules and other posters have been banned for less. As I mentioned before, Tobyjug got slammed for similar shit and he at least was amusing.
Wasn't Tobyjug banned for making some pretty nasty (if not entirely credible, but feh) threats of violence to one of the mods (editor?).

If that is the only reason he's here I'm not sure whether his presence on the boards is just to serve as a hobby for those shooting him down. If that was the case then maybe it's better he was banned rather than keep being fed some resistance and as a consequence keep getting some kind of validation for his nonsense. There are plenty other idiots to keep the boards going.
Why? He's getting validation no matter what given that he's only going to meet opposition - what on earth is wrong with shooting him down as a hobby? Did i miss the meeting where our #1concern is if jazzz receives validation or not?

Why? He's getting validation no matter what given that he's only going to meet opposition - what on earth is wrong with shooting him down as a hobby? Did i miss the meeting where our #1concern is if jazzz receives validation or not?

If getting resistance means he's right then we're just keeping him where he is. That feels kind of wrong. He is, or a least was, an intelligent and creative person.

I think it's natural to want to start banning someone as destructive and disruptive as Jazzz, but I do wonder where that gets us to. I can see the validity of the arguments of both Spymaster and 8ball, but one of the good things about Urban is that what people say is actually extremely lightly policed, and it is on the whole pretty bloody difficult to get a ban - something that I think makes the place what it is.

I'm all for having the rules more rigorously enforced, so that Jazzz has it made clear to him that posting endless links to a specific range of sites is not on, and that offending posts would be edited or deleted, and he can then decide if those are rules he wants to continue posting under. I'd far rather see his activities curtailed, and then him leave of his own accord, than feel that he had somehow succeeded in making Urban into a more banhappy place.

All of which is, I fully admit, high-flown and utterly impracticable idealism. So sue me :D

Wasn't Tobyjug banned for making some pretty nasty (if not entirely credible, but feh) threats of violence to one of the mods (editor?).

That was why he was perma-banned, but iirc he was warned (and temp banned?) loads of times for being a cunt.

Jazzz makes Tobyjug seem positively reasonable.

That was why he was perma-banned, but iirc he was warned (and temp banned?) loads of times for being a cunt.

Jazzz makes Tobyjug seem positively reasonable.
Tobyjug was overtly cuntlike - Jazzz at least tends to cover it in a veneer of something approximating to politeness (or did).

I'd struggle to keep posting on a site where there was an ongoing debate about the architecture of my delusions, my level of anti-semitism and the like. That jazzz carries on posting is, to be honest, a bit worrying. With his refusal to acknowledge the antisemitism of his 'movement' a big part of me thinks fuck him. Same time, we obviously get something out of him, he gets something out of us. Whether that's a good thing, I'm less sure.

You can't go banning people for that sort of thing - Pickman's positively trades on it.
No, I agree. Hence all that stuff I wrote earlier. But Tobyjug didn't get banned for being cuntlike, and I don't think there's any danger of Jazzz being banned for being a patronising, truth-dodging prick with a facepalm problem, either :)

Quite. Instead he gives us streams of constant bullshit that is in no way amusing.
let's give him his due, I doubt there's many posters on urban who've come out with anything quite as amusing as the whole holographic planes thing.

That still has me in stiches even 10 years later.

Back
Top Bottom