Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Two arrested for murder after hunt supporter's death

Someone filming it, rather than trying to intervene and stop it, is a bit bloody sick

But hey, these things happen, sometimes people would rather film

The film's not out yet

So no-one knows what happened in the final few moments

All we know is that the bloke was on the runway, and got chopped up by a gyro either taking off or landing

My guess would be that someone was filming the gyrocopter as they're reasonably uncommon, and they caught the "murder" unintentionally.

Maybe

Who can say

They could have been there filming the bloke's antics to dissuade the gyro for all we know

Oh look, anonymous internet fuckwit doesn't like me :D!!!

You childish cock :)

That'll be your psychic abilities kicking in I guess.

We shall see, but you've been quoted so that we can come back and laugh at you!

as I say , big man behind the keyboard , in real life I'd guess at a silly little man in a snide barbour wishing he was someone / something else .

as I say , big man behind the keyboard , in real life I'd guess at a silly little man in a snide barbour wishing he was someone / something else .

Well I'll let those here that know me be the judge of that :).

Who are you by the way?

Sorry but I don't give a toss about hunt saboteurs or anyone else who seeks to impose their will on others or prevent them doing something perfectly lawful.

If the hunts were obeying the law they wouldn't get so shitty about people keeping an eye on what they are up to.

The police don't give a fuck about enforcing the laws on hunting with hounds and wouldn't even think about prosecuting without proper evidence.

If they've nothing to hide they've nothing to worry about.

If the hunts were obeying the law they wouldn't get so shitty about people keeping an eye on what they are up to.

What it sounds like to me so far is that the gyrocopter was not just keeping an eye on, but attempting to disrupt the hunt. But either way, a bloke's dead and the pilot has beedn charged with his murder (although according to psychic cantsin it'll never get to court).

You should've just said 'nobody'.

I'd have agreed.

;)

wooooo, hark at her .............

correct I am indeed 'nobody ' , 'anonymous' , Monty Cantsin .

now back to your Horse and Hounds, cheap cords and fading dreams sunshine, funs over here

What it sounds like to me so far is that the gyrocopter was not just keeping an eye on, but attempting to disrupt the hunt. But either way, a bloke's dead and the pilot has beedn charged with his murder (although according to psychic cantsin it'll never get to court).

I don't have your confidence in law and order

What it sounds like to me so far is that the gyrocopter was not just keeping an eye on, but attempting to disrupt the hunt.

According to the Yahoo story linked to...

During a 15-minute hearing, the court heard that Griffiths, a heating technician, was a member of an anti-hunt animal rights campaign and worked as a volunteer hunt monitor, liaising closely with police.

Doesn't sound like disrupting the hunt to me.

Doesn't sound like disrupting the hunt to me.

That's going to be his defence. The other side say that the machine frequently "buzzed" the hunt scaring horses and other livestock. A complaint about the way it was flown was lodged with the CAA 10 days before the death incident.

I've made no assumptions whatsoever, I'm simply going by the evidence of what I've read in the links. Gyrocopters are apparently not allowed to fly below 500ft except when landing or taking off so in 'buzzing' the hunt they were being reckless and behaving illegally.

We dont know how low the 'copter had been flying. All we know is that the huntscum had complained about it 'buzzing' them. And anyway - its entriely irrelevant to the case other than explaining why the man went there.

Now who's making assumptions?

Certainly he was going to confront them, his own supporters say he wanted to find out who the pilot was.

And from that its reasonable to assume when he went onto the runway he may well have been behaving in a confrontaional manner. And that may well have casued the pilot to panic

They don't need to "intend" to kill him for a murder charge to succeed. If it can be shown that they were reckless as to whether their actions caused his death, that will do. If, as I suspect, they tried to scare him and accidently hit him, it's murder.

They may have tried to scare him, they well have felt threatened and tried to fly off or start the rotors to deter him from attacking them - we don't know. If that was the case then its more like manslaughter.

Deliberately trying to attack somehow with the 'copter sounds like a wierd - and difficult - thing to do.

My guess - and I could be wrong - is red faced, shouty bloke storming accross the tarmac (possibly wielding somes sort of weapon) whilst the rotors are still going and paniced pilot trying to take off or move away and ending up killing the stupid fuck.

My guess - and I could be wrong - is red faced, shouty bloke storming accross the tarmac (possibly wielding somes sort of weapon) whilst the rotors are still going and paniced pilot trying to take off or move away and ending up killing the stupid fuck.

Oh he's armed now as well is he? :D

And anyway - its entriely irrelevant to the case other than explaining why the man went there.

It's not at all irrelevant since if true, it establishes that the machine had been used recklessly and illegally, and may well have been at the time of the death.

Oh of course, these evil hunt suppoerters always attack the poor harmless sabs who wouldmnt dream of doing anything wrong ever.

Hopefully if someone did (albeit unintentionally) video the whole tragedy, then there shouldn't be too much doubt about what happened - whether the pilot in some way caused it, or if it was an accident and the bloke just walked into the spinning blades.

Maybe someone will put it on Youtube?!

Giles..

Spymaster, you seem to imagine that most people posting on this thread are completely lacking in objectivity because of their anti-hunt position.

Well I'm new to this thread, and to this case. Just been catching up with it, and it seems to me that the person making the most outrageously biased and subjective assumptions is you. And that the most informative posts (albeit inevitably containing some speculation too) are coming from people who are doing what you're not -- standing back and trying to work out reasonably dispassionately how much is known.

You on the other hand are assuming that the gyrocopter pilots are murderers and that the charge of murder is justified. Is that because you hate anti hunt campaigners and because you want them to be guilty here?

Seems to me that whatever your opinion, the facts (as so far known) seem far too uncertain for the prosecution to find it easy to make a murder charge stick. As someone has already sensibly pointed out, a murder charge can be downgraded to manslaughter depending on what evidence emerges.

Wind yer redfaced fury in. You'd be a useless prosecution lawyer! :rolleyes:

You on the other hand are assuming that the gyrocopter pilots are murderers and that the charge of murder is justified. Is that because you hate anti hunt campaigners and because you want them to be guilty here?

Well you're wrong, Will.

The only person making crazy assumptions has been Kaka Tim, who's had the victim charging across the runway, red-faced and armed!

I've done no more than put forward a (perfectly credible) scenario which could support a murder charge. The majority of posters here have defaulted to supporting the anti-hunt chaps as have you, predictably ;).

I'm simply on the other side and will be until evidence is presented to the contrary.

Don't know what you're on about :confused:

North East Oi Punk once sent me a genuine picture he took of a sign in the countryside that said "Tresspassers will be shot. Then shot again just to make sure"
I thought it was funny till i realised, this is what these people are like!!

I'm definitely not assuming for sure that they're not guilty of murder.

I'm suggesting that the facts as so far known seem far too uncertain for a murder charge to be easy to stick.

Not the same.

I remember a while back a hunt sab being dragged 100's of yards 60MP round corners from the trailer of a huntsman so he would lose his grip and die. He die. The huntsman got community service.

See you at the lodge brother!

Back
Top Bottom