Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tory Leadership contest 2022

Would he want the job d'y reckon?

Definitely.

There's been noise about the NATO sec gen job, which is up, and which he'd be good at, and have lots of support from eastern and northern Europe for - but I think he'd like to be PM. I wouldn't be surprised if the SG job was being touted by Johnson people to get him out of UK politics in order to shore up Johnson's position.

So Wallace is a competent-but-dull type who actually bothers to read his briefing notes. The worse he'll do is not be fully on top of some things. At this point I think the party will welcome that rather than another Boris type going off half-cocked in every direction. If some of the headbangers on the shortlist do go ahead and stand that'll probably help out the likes of Wallace and Mordaunt even more.

I rekon steve baker is in with a shout - not tainted by association with Johnson - so new broom and all that , keeper of the brexit/thatchertie flame (so will be popular with the membership). Will be shit - but his hard brexit/thatcherite ideology may come unstuck pretty quickly when it collides with the reality of economic mire and people eating out of bins.
Baker will do for Britain like he did for Lehman Brothers. Imagine too, schools will get ride of Humanities and just study Austrian economics. SATs on Hayek for year 6.

So Wallace is a competent-but-dull type who actually bothers to read his briefing notes. The worse he'll do is not be fully on top of some things. At this point I think the party will welcome that rather than another Boris type going off half-cocked in every direction. If some of the headbangers on the shortlist do go ahead and stand that'll probably help out the likes of Wallace and Mordaunt even more.

I like boring politics.

I fully endorse his leadership, plus Boris Johnson for chancellor, Nadine Dorries for transport and Priti Patel for idk Health or something lol

I fully endorse his leadership, plus Boris Johnson for chancellor, Nadine Dorries for transport and Priti Patel for idk Health or something lol
Yes, Johnson could adorn the lamppost outside the treasury, Patel ornament one outside a hospital, dorries under a truck or similar and so on

Steve Baker has been behind 'leave' from the beginning.
He only needs to be asked what his plan for the EU/UK land border has always been and he's fucked.

Steve Baker has been behind 'leave' from the beginning.
He only needs to be asked what his plan for the EU/UK land border has always been and he's fucked.
He also wants to roll back the UK's already meagre green policies and is a climate change denier.

He also is anti-abortion:

From his own website
https://www.stevebaker.info/where-i-stand/life/ said:
The abortion debate is then a conflict between the mother’s right to her own person and her duty to sustain the life of the unborn. The questions are when the unborn gains a right to their own person, when the mother’s duty to sustain the life of the unborn takes effect and whether and when the law should transform that duty into a legal obligation.

Logically, I see no choice but to accept that a person first exists with a right to their own life when unique DNA is created, that is, at the point of conception.

Then
Therefore, if we are to have a state with a duty to protect life, liberty and property:

• I am opposed to the creation of embryos which will be deliberately destroyed.
  • I support reducing the time limit within which abortion is permitted.
  • I recognise that extreme circumstances, conscience and differences of opinion over the nature of embryos in the earliest stages of development make it impossible to eradicate abortion and related actions completely.
  • I am opposed to allowing one person to kill another by consent.
So a total shithead

Back
Top Bottom