Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tory Leadership contest 2022

How successful have they been, though? I don't think I'm being complacent in thinking that the UK is a long way from having a successful political movement based on ethnonationalism. It's fringe.
Bigger outside UK, on the continent and the USA, great replacement theory etc

Your interest rates for starters. And hopefully the reinstatement of Sunak's plan for social care. Cancelled by Truss/Kwarteng.
His social care plan was shit. Insufficient and wholly paid for by todays workers (rather than the state who those in need of care very probably paid into). Having a plan maybe better than not having one, a la the six week wonders, but not much. And it sure don’t make it good.

ha ha ha. Matt Hancock brutally dissed.

I mean look at the nick of them. The guys on either side of the blue twitter "play" circle look like they've just come sixth and seventh in Letchworth Conservative Associations' "top 10 Hertfordshire Roger Moore impersonators" contest. "Bim Afolami" looks like he's been wound up a little bit more than his clockwork mechanism can take. So much fake enthusiasm for a guy who ten days ago was an unperson destined for a long holiday in the US, before trying to sell the NHS off to them.

Last edited:
The other thing is, this has been a leadership contest where the winner hasn't uttered a single word. In fact he's been pretty much silent since he lost last time. Doesn't make much difference to the wider political economy of the situation, but still a weird way to run a ship (of fools).

The other thing is, this has been a leadership contest where the winner hasn't uttered a single word. In fact he's been pretty much silent since he lost last time. Doesn't make much difference to the wider political economy of the situation, but still a weird way to run a ship (of fools).
None of the supposed 3 candidates said anything, you're right , very weird.

Said plenty during the previous leadership contest. Telegraph did a summary today :
9 key challenges facing Rishi Sunak - including net zero, tax and the cost of living (archived)

Of course, since he's a lying weasel politician, and he's "facing a new situation", I wouldn't assume all or any of that still holds.

ha ha ha. Matt Hancock brutally dissed.

I mean look at the nick of them. The guys on either side of the blue twitter "play" circle look like they've just come sixth and seventh in Letchworth Conservative Associations' "top 10 Hertfordshire Roger Moore impersonators" contest. "Bim Afolami" looks like he's been wound up a little bit more than his clockwork mechanism can take. So much fake enthusiasm for a guy who ten days ago was an unperson destined for a long holiday in the US, before trying to sell the NHS off to them.

The way his face drops 10-13 seconds... :D

I don't work for the Tories. I work for an agency closely connected to them. And as to why, I've explained before - I was on universal credit during lockdown after suffering a severe injury, this job came up and I took it to pay the rent and my son's childcare. I will leave as soon as I can, ok??
Is this the same job you had in August where you said it was the best, most enjoyable job you'd ever had with 95% good people? Seems a pity to quit something you're so happy with

hasn't publicly said a word.
but no doubt said a lot since Thursday in private to Conservative MPs. i.e. the only people who had a vote in the matter.

What a vast improvement over the last election where hours of air time was spent listening to both vapid fools who we still didn’t vote for

I saw that clown Fabricant being interviewed, and he was moaning about the membership not getting a vote, and saying coronations don't deliver good leaders, just look how May worked out.

And, the interviewer let him get away with it, totally missing the clearly obvious reply of, 'well she lasted longer than Truss, have you forgotten she was chosen by the membership?'

🤷‍♂️

Idk. One of Patel’s legacies is pushing through the law that gives massively increased power to whoever is home sec next, to criminalise anyone attending a protest they don’t like the sound of amongst other things. That’s not a windmill.
In general I’m just not into the old refrain of ‘they’re all the same all as bad as eachother ’, feels complacent and kind of naïve.
Well Braverman's Home Sec now so thank god the grown-ups are in charge eh?

Is Braverman the dog whistle for the swivel-eyed ?
Spitting ridiculous hateful bile that will never get acted upon ?

Back
Top Bottom