Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tory Leadership contest 2022

of course i don't work in finance. but i do know that how 'the markets' bobbled about today will be scant fucking comfort for sunak when in the coming weeks or months they react to his inadequate policies around things like energy, investment, taxation, the climate crisis etc. that's what i mean by a more considered conclusion rather than how they act on the day of his appointment.

I sit metres away from someone whose 'considered conclusion' was immediate. And he's a seriously big hitter with decades of experience in corporate finance and who knows his shit. People will have made a shitload of money shorting in the last couple of weeks, which is of course disgusting but generally Sunak's election will benefit us compared to the death spiral we were in. Sorry, but that's the truth.

I sit metres away from someone whose 'considered conclusion' was immediate. And he's a seriously big hitter with decades of experience in corporate finance and who knows his shit. People will have made a shitload of money shorting in the last couple of weeks, which is of course disgusting but generally Sunak's election will benefit us compared to the death spiral we were in. Sorry, but that's the truth.
We get it, you know loads of rich Tories, stop going on about it.

The white "ethnonationalists" will be all over this same way they are with London mayor Sadiq Khan
I've told this tale before, I'll be quick. I was on a train which took on scores and scores of Millwall fans. They soon as joined in a chorus of horrendous racism, with "Sadiq is no Mayor of mine" or similar getting the biggest cheer. It was horrendous to be in the middle of it all. You could feel the violent hatred, every syllable sharp with violence.

They're a minority view, and within the current Conservatives they won't count many in number, though all the same their attitude will be felt and heard.

Can't wait for 'Sunak's election to benefit us'.

Your interest rates for starters. And hopefully the reinstatement of Sunak's plan for social care. Cancelled by Truss/Kwarteng.

The Health and Social Care Levy will no longer go ahead. From 6 November 2022, the temporary 1.25 percentage point increase in National Insurance rates is being reversed for the rest of the financial year. The introduction of a separate Health and Social Care Levy tax in April 2023 has been cancelled.

I sit metres away from someone who's 'considered conclusion' was immediate. And he's a seriously big hitter who knows his shit. People will have made a shitload of money shorting in the last couple of weeks, which is of course disgusting but generally Sunak's election will benefit us compared to the death spiral we were in. Sorry, but that's the truth.
i'll let you into a little secret, people working in finance don't have any special insights, they're not in any way more intelligent or better educated or better informed, in many ways they know less about things than they think they do which is why it's so utterly terrifying that they have such a vast influence on what happens to the rest of us. sunak's election will in all likelihood make things much much worse for us. let's see what he does about the environment. what he does about fuel bills. what he does about public sector investment, little things like the nhs and education. we're still in the death spiral we were in and no warm words from sunak now are going to heat homes this winter.

i'll let you into a little secret, people working in finance don't have any special insights, they're not in any way more intelligent or better educated or better informed, in many ways they know less about things than they think they do which is why it's so utterly terrifying that they have such a vast influence on what happens to the rest of us. sunak's election will in all likelihood make things much much worse for us. let's see what he does about the environment. what he does about fuel bills. what he does about public sector investment, little things like the nhs and education. we're still in the death spiral we were in and no warm words from sunak now are going to heat homes this winter.

Is it better than Truss or Johnson? I mean, I know it's a low bar.

Well that was more than she managed on her own 'appointment' when as I recall she completely failed to shake his hand despite him sitting right next to her as is custom before taking the stage to make her electrifying acceptance speech.
Who cares?
Sadly, the Tories have finally got there. To a competent and electable leader. Mixed blessings here. Can he pull it back in time? His reshuffle will be very interesting. Whether he turfs out all Truss acolytes as she did Sunak's. Coffey. Please Rishi, please. No more of that please.
Sadly? Really?

Well let's see. I'm a born optimist. My gut feeling is that he's much better, in every sense than both.

Only two more years to go anyway. Truss is thick. Johnson lazy. At least Sunak is neither of those two things.
when it comes to evil shits in charge i'll take thick and lazy any day of the week against someone who thinks they know what they're up to and has the energy to bugger things up to a degree truss and johnson could only dream of

when it comes to evil shits in charge i'll take thick and lazy any day of the week against someone who thinks they know what they're up to and has the energy to bugger things up to a degree truss and johnson could only dream of

Let's see. We don't really have a choice. It really can't be worse though than Truss/Kwarteng. At least give me that.

And also, why???

I don't work for the Tories. I work for an agency closely connected to them. And as to why, I've explained before - I was on universal credit during lockdown after suffering a severe injury, this job came up and I took it to pay the rent and my son's childcare. I will leave as soon as I can, ok??

I work for them. I don't know them. And don't want to know them. I'm not going on about it, but in the interests of balance I don't see why I can't offer my insight into how this was taken by them. It was very very welcomed.
So rich tories think Sunak will benefit them? Fuck me, who could have guessed?

I don't work for the Tories. I work for an agency closely connected to them. And as to why, I've explained before - I was on universal credit during lockdown after suffering a severe injury, this job came up and I took it to pay the rent and my son's childcare. I will leave as soon as I can, ok??
Ah. Politics aside, I'm sorry to hear about the shit you've gone through. :(

Back
Top Bottom