Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tory Leadership contest 2022

The best thing about the phantom leadership contest in early June was that Hunt managed to alienate lots of his colleagues and now has much-reduced chances.

it really wouldn't surprise me if Boris tried to run yet again
I reckon that's why he want to be caretaker still, even after it's been made abundantly clear that only Dorries wants him. Spend the intervening month whipping up his supposed 14m personal mandate into a frenzy so he can claim to be the popular choice of the people.

Seems like they can change the rules a lot more easily than the Labour party, so it doesn't really matter what the current rules are they might be different next week.

is it? Thought that was only if he lost a no confidence vote?

You could be right, but the Metro says, 'It is unlikely. Under the rules, a leader who resigns is not normally eligible to contest any subsequent leadership election.'

But, he will not anyway, because it would not get into the final two.

Granted it was a while ago and the rules have changed since, but Major resigned as leader then ran in and won in the subsequent leadership election

I reckon that's why he want to be caretaker still, even after it's been made abundantly clear that only Dorries wants him. Spend the intervening month whipping up his supposed 14m personal mandate into a frenzy so he can claim to be the popular choice of the people.
dorries and therese coffey

Back
Top Bottom