Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tory Leadership contest 2022

That's terrible. I can't work out if it says Rishi or Rish! His name's Rishi but that definitely looks like an exclamation mark.
Ooh, is it like Angela Eagle's which was so shit I can't even remember what it was..?

Ooh, is it like Angela Eagle's which was so shit I can't even remember what it was..?
Arrhhhh or something wasn't it, was just thinking that myself.

Edit- but you could at least remember her name, I couldn't.

• Haha
Reactions: Sue
O fucking christ - I fucking loathe the sneaky cunt.

apols for lack of even a smidgeon of erudite analysis. I just hate the shit. Smirking, greedy knobhead. Prolly summat to do with losing the teeny tiny bit of UC covid uplift (ha) and knowing it was dishifuckingrishi behind the move.

O fucking christ - I fucking loathe the sneaky cunt.

apols for lack of even a smidgeon of erudite analysis. I just hate the shit. Smirking, greedy knobhead. Prolly summat to do with losing the teeny tiny bit of UC covid uplift (ha) and knowing it was dishifuckingrishi behind the move.
Was wondering which one but starting from 'all of them' probably works. :thumbs:

I think Sunak might do a Portillo in this leadership race, definitely his to lose. My eyes are on Wallace at the moment, it’s his to win if he plays his cards right, which he might not.

The Guardian features this rather odd picture of the presumed) contenders:

View attachment 331117

Why is Sunak, second shortest at 5'7", shown towering over the apparently six-foot tall Braverman, not to mention five-foot-ten Zahalwi and five-foot-eight Javid? Is the Guardian getting behind Dishi?
I don't know enough about Zahawi or Javid, but Liz Truss has proven a defence liability, Suella is an oddball, and Sunak is unbearable.

Amongst the Tories, I would have thought Sunak would be popular for fiscal reasons, and Mordaunt for trying to undo the reputational damage of Johnson.

Twitter tells me that Steve - not-a-nutter - Baker has thrown his vast political weight behind Suella - not-thick-at-all - Braverman and her foretold in the stars leadership bid.

I think he was headboy at Winchester
Have related this anecdote in other places, but I'm reminded of it now.
Long story short, I was being shown around Winchester by a old-hand "Master" who breezily told our group that he was proud of the variety of social backgrounds that pupils came from. He expanded on the theme and said "we actually have children from middle class backgrounds and even some from trade".

Man Of The People

Back
Top Bottom