Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tory bully MP Mark Field shoves a protestor against a pillar then grabs her by her neck

She was somewhere she shouldn't have been. Had she not been there, it wouldn't have happened.
you're wrong, and demonstrably so. you're starting from the point that *she* provoked *him*. she at no point posed a threat to him, from the footage we have all seen, and any action by him to a threat he considered she posed has, by law, to be proportionate. he said to the media, and it's quoted in the thread above, that "for a split second" he thought that she was armed, that is that she posed a clear threat. yet he continued acting after that split second, and so - even if you assume he was within his rights to push her against the pillar - he was very clearly wrong to act at any point after that. yes, if she wasn't there it wouldn't have happened. if he wasn't there it would not have happened. but even with the two in the same room it shouldn't have happened. that it did is down to him and not her.

you're wrong, and demonstrably so. you're starting from the point that *she* provoked *him*. she at no point posed a threat to him, from the footage we have all seen, and any action by him to a threat he considered she posed has, by law, to be proportionate. he said to the media, and it's quoted in the thread above, that "for a split second" he thought that she was armed, that is that she posed a clear threat. yet he continued acting after that split second, and so - even if you assume he was within his rights to push her against the pillar - he was very clearly wrong to act at any point after that. yes, if she wasn't there it wouldn't have happened. if he wasn't there it would not have happened. but even with the two in the same room it shouldn't have happened. that it did is down to him and not her.

No. Had she not chosen to be there, it could not have happened. Now stop being so deliberately contentious.

Take your tired old argument and stuff it up your arse.
Nation's/government's don't always go to war when they are at risk of invasion/significant harm. Sometimes they do it for entirely political reasons, to use your phrase, because it 'meets their agenda'. The invasion of Iraq fits that definition 100%, violence to meet an agenda. the thing you seem to be against.

No. Had she not chosen to be there, it could not have happened. Now stop being so deliberately contentious.
i'm not being contentious in the slightest. mark field assaulted a woman without provocation. i wish i were surprised to find you saying it's the woman's fault when a man attacks her but - and it's sad to say - i'm not surprised you've chosen your horse in this race.

Nation's/government's don't always go to war when they are at risk of invasion/significant harm. Sometimes they do it for entirely political reasons, to use your phrase, because it 'meets their agenda'. The invasion of Iraq fits that definition 100%, violence to meet an agenda. the thing you seem to be against.

Whatever. You will no doubt know best.

It was a deliberately provocative protest it has to be said. This is the point of this sort of direct action and those undertaking it must accept that with this sort of protest there will likely be a response which could include being forcibly removed from the building.

This being said it shouldn't be him doing it and the force was clearly disproportionate. The stuff about him feeling threatened is an obvious lie, he just lost his temper and attacked a woman.

It was a deliberately provocative protest it has to be said. This is the point of this sort of direct action and those undertaking it must accept that with this sort of protest there will likely be a response which could include being forcibly removed from the building.

This being said it shouldn't be him doing it and the force was clearly disproportionate. The stuff about him feeling threatened is an obvious lie, he just lost his temper and attacked a woman.

Expect maybe but not accept. Knowing that some people are scum doesn't make their behaviour an acceptable part of society or life in general.

Social media having a predictable meltdown over this. Mostly in favour of that fucking Field arse :mad:

I need to stay away from it for a bit, lest I bust a blood vessel...

A fair assessment of the situation.

I saw the woman on the lunchtime news, she stated that she didn't wish to press charges. She didn't say why. :confused:

A common assault charge would stick.

A fair assessment of the situation.

I saw the woman on the lunchtime news, she stated that she didn't wish to press charges. She didn't say why. :confused:

A common assault charge would stick.

I guess it's down to her, what action she chooses. She's going to be villified enough over the next few days, no doubt.

Let them tremble. They are lucky that this really was a peaceful protest. The over reaction is telling in all sorts of ways.

Absolute scum. I want to see every mansion house banquet disrupted from now on. Id Iike to see him and the rest of them marched out of there to face the justice they are so very afraid of.

17 Minute countdown clocks for sale...

Justice.PNG

Back
Top Bottom