Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tory bully MP Mark Field shoves a protestor against a pillar then grabs her by her neck

Did anyone else hear Col Bob Stewart (the Toriest of Tory MPs) explaining how he should have grabbed her 'to control a ... person'? It was the most telling piece of almost-letting-slip-your-misogyny. I can't find the clip now though :(

A man publicly manhandling a woman never looks good but even worse his claim he felt threatened really doesn't hold much water, she didn't rush past him, she walked albeit briskly and he just jumped up and had at her.
And whilst I don't want to promote stereotypes she doesn't look very dangerous, she looks like the kind of woman who bakes cookies for the church fete and volunteers at the dogs home rather than a credible threat to anyone's safety.
Sadly though I suspect that other maybe a police caution it is unlikely much will happen which is a pity since he doesn't have that big a majority.

A man publicly manhandling a woman never looks good but even worse his claim he felt threatened really doesn't hold much water, she didn't rush past him, she walked albeit briskly and he just jumped up and had at her.
And whilst I don't want to promote stereotypes she doesn't look very dangerous, she looks like the kind of woman who bakes cookies for the church fete and volunteers at the dogs home rather than a credible threat to anyone's safety.
Sadly though I suspect that other maybe a police caution it is unlikely much will happen which is a pity since he doesn't have that big a majority.

suspect she was dressed so as to fit into the occasion.

Did anyone else hear Col Bob Stewart (the Toriest of Tory MPs) explaining how he should have grabbed her 'to control a ... person'? It was the most telling piece of almost-letting-slip-your-misogyny. I can't find the clip now though :(

I heard about some other things he said.

Another Conservative MP, Bob Stewart, told BBC Radio 4's World at One that Mr Field had "probably" placed his hand on Ms Barker's neck because if he had "touched her anywhere else he'd probably have been deemed highly inappropriate".

"She might have a belt of explosives on her," he added. "She might have a weapon."

Minister suspended after grabbing activist

She might of had a belt of deadly exploding rabbits.

Police could have raided her home and discovered articles that could be used in the preparation of terrorism, such as the recipe for Welsh rarebit.

:eek: :)

She might of had a belt of deadly exploding rabbits.

Police could have raided her home and discovered articles that could be used in the preparation of terrorism, such as the recipe for Welsh rarebit.

TBF the Mail must be losing its edge - not so long ago they'd have described the home of someone they didn't like who had a knitting business as being full of used needles.

The Mail's immediate smear campaign has revealed the appalling fact that (checks notes) she has 31 rabbits.

D9lN3d6XkAETa0Q

Very exact number, that.

Single-handlidly (or perhaps uses two hands at once, with that many) keeping Ann Summer's dividends high :thumbs:

It was a deliberately provocative protest it has to be said. This is the point of this sort of direct action and those undertaking it must accept that with this sort of protest there will likely be a response which could include being forcibly removed from the building.

This being said it shouldn't be him doing it and the force was clearly disproportionate.
The stuff about him feeling threatened is an obvious lie, he just lost his temper and attacked a woman.

Totally agree, and funny enough the BIB is basically what Sasaferrato was saying before you did. :D

Yes, he was saying that the only way to place a woman under control is to grab her neck as anywhere else and you'll end up sat next to Weinstein. Arms seem to not exist in his world. But then in his world peaceful protest must be met by physical restraint. Cos he's a fucking dickhead.

Yes, he was saying that the only way to place a woman under control is to grab her neck as anywhere else and you'll end up sat next to Weinstein. Arms seem to not exist in his world. But then in his world peaceful protest must be met by physical restraint. Cos he's a fucking dickhead.

Fuckin hell..what a total knobhead

Back
Top Bottom