Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tory bully MP Mark Field shoves a protestor against a pillar then grabs her by her neck

a comment.

If he's sure that he has done nothing wrong why apologise ? and why refer the cabinet office ?
Oh, the cabinet thing is whitewash squared - he's whitewashing us by demanding that the whitewash inquiry takes place...and, of course, it will completely exonerate him, and that's what the "appeared to grab"/"couldabin armed" smoke-blowing is all designed to set up.

That seems a huge overreaction on his part. Based on the video she didn't seem to be a threat to anyone.
Female prole dares to interrupt macho corporate hegemony. More like her please.

Less like him. Of course now he's downplaying it as an uncharacteristic moment of madness unlike the primal response to a woman challenging male said hegemony.

Oh, I agree, preparing for a whitewash.

<snip>City of London Police said: "We have had a number of third-party reports of a possible assault. These are being looked into."<snip>

from the bbc report I linked to above and here Greenpeace accuses minister of 'assault'

another report Climate protesters disrupt Hammond speech
to be fair if field had been doing some money laundering or running a malaysian betting syndicate which turned off the floodlights at the football when the results weren't going as paid for predicted the city of london police would have been all over him for six months before quietly ending the investigation. as it is he'll be subject to a sort of vague and ineffectual investigation for 6 days before the "investigation" is er quietly ended.

I wouldn't actually be surprised if the protester has to him pay compo for hurting his wrist or something.

and "don't forget it was a woman who assaulted my wife!"

"She could have been armed"
What absolute bullshit. He was just furious that some shouty underlings had crashed his nice dinner.
With, I think, a side order of macho posturing. I guess assaulting a woman is macho if her political views are all wrong..

As a sign of the weird times, everywhere I have looked but here (my Facebook etc etc),
People seem to think its "reasonable force" to eject an intruder (apart from my dad, apparently who thinks that he's scum and as such will be the next Tory hero).

Its fucking depressing, really.

Back
Top Bottom