Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Traitors ‘24 (starts Wed 3/1/24 9pm).

I loved the way Claudia said 'well done' after they banished tonight. Proper pass-agg.
They really do seem to be banishing on personality rather than any sort of deduction.
Yep completely.

Unfortunately I predict that everyone’s guilt over banishing Jonny will make them even more reluctant to challenge awful Paul.

Why is Paul so popular btw? I’ve seen nothing particularly wonderful or redeeming about him.

This was one of the very few occasions that there was actual evidence pointing towards someone likely being a traitor - and no-one votes for him!

Sheep

The other thing I noticed is that a reticence to nominate someone at the round table due to perceived insufficient evidence = traitor guilt. :hmm:

I've watched Traitors Uncloaked* and happily, he seemed fine. They even showed that bit back to him and he found it funny, if anything

Also,

*I'm off work ill, right, that's my excuse. :oops:
I didn't realise they were doing them for each episode now (the first one covered the whole first week). Very entertaining. I'd almost forgotten how fun Amanda was.

I have got to save tonight's episode for tomorrow; I can't get to sleep for hours after watching it because it's so freaking tense!

One of my pet hates on logic fail, which happened in both seasons, and from both traitors and faithfuls, is this: Traitor: "I'm gonna give it my all in the task to seem 100% faithful". Faithful: "I can't believe it, he did so well in the tasks, great team-player, I thought he was a faithful". No-o, you are all performing in the tasks to build up the prize money pot for either traitors or faithfuls, there is zero incentive for traitors to perform poorly in them!

Her jumper with the big neck thing is ace. Do they do them for blokes? I might be interested in one if it didn't cost more than my car did. :D
I’m still thinking wistfully about that dress but a) I can’t afford it, b) even if I could, £650 on a dress is just a criminal waste of money, and c) the fella would probably divorce me.

Unless I went on Traitors and won the money…

“What would you spend the money on if you won?”
“Your wardrobe Claudia!”
Yeah, not creepy at all that. :D

That has potential for a spin off thread. If you were to go on series 3 of Traitors…

a) who would you like to act like?
b) who would you probably act like?
c) who do your fellow posters think you’d act like?

I’d probably want to pull off an Amanda but would end up being a Brian! :D 🐑

I have got to save tonight's episode for tomorrow; I can't get to sleep for hours after watching it because it's so freaking tense!

One of my pet hates on logic fail, which happened in both seasons, and from both traitors and faithfuls, is this: Traitor: "I'm gonna give it my all in the task to seem 100% faithful". Faithful: "I can't believe it, he did so well in the tasks, great team-player, I thought he was a faithful". No-o, you are all performing in the tasks to build up the prize money pot for either traitors or faithfuls, there is zero incentive for traitors to perform poorly in them!
The tasks get a bad rep though I think they serve exactly the thing such a show needs. They're supposed to work together, and nothing works better to drop the pretence of an act than concentrating on something else.

The tasks get a bad rep though I think they serve exactly the thing such a show needs. They're supposed to work together, and nothing works better to drop the pretence of an act than concentrating on something else.
But noone has ever (to my knowledge) become suspicious of a traitor because of how they behaved on a task. In fact, I think it's probably a relief for the traitors to be able to throw themselves wholeheartedly into a task (apart from maybe the ones with head-fucky personal questions) alongside everyone else, working for a common goal without the division.

But noone has ever (to my knowledge) become suspicious of a traitor because of how they behaved on a task. In fact, I think it's probably a relief for the traitors to be able to throw themselves wholeheartedly into a task (apart from maybe the ones with head-fucky personal questions) alongside everyone else, working for a common goal without the division.
Fair

I couldn't get on with the US version for many reasons, chief amongst which was a contestant openly narrating during the first task, "GEE WOULDN'T BEING A TRAITOR RIGHT NOW BE THE THING I THINK WE SHOULD BE CHECKING WHOMSOEVER MIGHT BE THE TRAITOR DON'T YOU THINK HMMM"

If it has aired do we need spoiler masking?
Definitely. I make the mistake of coming on the thread earlier thinking I was up to date with episodes. Then I unveiled one of the masked posts and learned who got banished 🤦‍♀️

That has potential for a spin off thread. If you were to go on series 3 of Traitors…

a) who would you like to act like?
b) who would you probably act like?
c) who do your fellow posters think you’d act like?

I’d probably want to pull off an Amanda but would end up being a Brian! :D 🐑
I like to think I’d do a good job of being The Middle Aged Woman That Nobody Suspects, but would also possibly be banished for being The Fidgety Woman Who Says Something Stupid At Breakfast.

What I love about this game is the question: why do we trust some people and mistrust other people?

YES! It’s got levels, man… :cool:

E2A: sadly it does often boil down to a popularity contest that wouldn’t look out of place at secondary school :rolleyes:
But why is Paul so popular?

Also, why did I take such an instant dislike to him? Even if he were a faithful, I’d probably be one of those people voting him out the most flimsy ‘evidence’ just because I didn’t like him 😆

But why is Paul so popular?
Not just specific to Paul, but I do feel there’s a bit of a male centric vibe about this series.
Also, why did I take such an instant dislike to him?
Because you have good taste. :)

Tbf we are seeing him being all self congratulatory and smug. Not to mention cold bordering on psychopathic. The faithful’s won’t be seeing that all.

Paul was on Deal or No Deal back in 2010, I think. He was on The Chatabix podcast and they encouraged him to audition for it.

Also Bittersweet Symphony! :D

Back
Top Bottom