Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

SEWING BEE 2022 - starts tomorrow Wednesday 27th April

That’s very interesting AnnO'Neemus - I didn’t know any of that. I wonder if his model had been switched or something? I didn’t pay any attention to see if he had the same one last week.

And it was a good design and much better made than Chichi’s which was pretty awful
There were no male models the week before. But I think they get measurements of their model to think about and practice with and then it's a case of fitting on the day.

So I kind of think he may have cocked up.

There were no male models the week before. But I think they get measurements of their model to think about and practice with and then it's a case of fitting on the day.

So I kind of think he may have cocked up.
I’m so observant :D :D

maybe the guy had been in the gym slot since Richie got his measurements?

Very close between the 2 younger women (Brogan and Man Yee)...who are both likely to stay the course. No quibbles with any of the departed, so far (but there are always a couple who are clearly out of their depth, fairly early on). Going to be left with just 1 fella, next week though cos Freddie(?) is doomed. I would have hooked Richie for not bothering to practice - surely this is a bit arrogant and nothing to be boastful about. It would have annoyed the fuck out of me for not taking the task sufficiently seriously (and he was a rubbish sewist). In fact, I admit I was seriously annoyed at all the fellas who took it up in lockdown and had the sheer lack of modesty to put themselves forward in a compo. 10,000 hours mate! Not 5 fucking minutes but a big pat cos you are a fella. However, they had one last season who was really very good indeed, so what do I know?

I am really interested in Gill. My mum was born with 1 arm and was a very talented sewist (and knitter) but she died just as I was getting interested in sewing and knitting myself, so I didn't manage to get much of a handle on how she coped (although I can also knit with 1 hand, holding one needle between my knees and tucking the other in my waistband). She (Gill) has a bit of a dubious style though. Marnie is v.similar to last years surgeon (or was it the year before?) and vintage addict - both very precise but a bit 'buttoned up'. Ghastly pattern challenge this week. I like a bit of shirring (but not a whole bodice) and gathered waists look like a pudding (at least when I wear them...which is not since I was 6).

The shoe was also interesting. I have made slippers and also leather shoes and boots but I really fancy having a go at baseball boots with some canvas, now (although I imagine the soles will be ludicrously spendy).

I didn't understand GOTW again. It really looked like an old duvet cover.

I hope Man Yee can get it together because she has good ideas.

I am worried for Man Yee. She’s so good when she’s good but she’s too ambitious. Also spending hours on the precise alignment of 96 squares was clearly never going to be a good idea

i thought brogan was a bit of a shoe in but they were quite critical of her this week. Which I’m glad about (she is too twee)

glad steve (?) went, if only because I couldn’t tell him and the other bloke apart :oops:

I am worried for Man Yee. She’s so good when she’s good but she’s too ambitious. Also spending hours on the precise alignment of 96 squares was clearly never going to be a good idea

i thought brogan was a bit of a shoe in but they were quite critical of her this week. Which I’m glad about (she is too twee)

glad steve (?) went, if only because I couldn’t tell him and the other bloke apart :oops:
I'm not annoyed by Brogan which it would be easy to be because she does have a sense of humour. But she's getting an easy ride because they've picked all the kind of projects that have been trending on Instagram for the last year.

Quilting and patchwork my perfect combination ❤️
They all did wonderfully in the small amount of time they were given... both quilting and patchworking are labours of love, you really don't get anywhere fast with them, and that's their beauty, the ultimate relaxation....A sewing machine, pile of fabrics, radio on, tea and biscuits and I'm lost to the world for hours on end :D
Sorry about Steve but it was his time to go.....sit back and watch it all step up several notches now only the serious contenders remain.:)

I'm not annoyed by Brogan which it would be easy to be because she does have a sense of humour. But she's getting an easy ride because they've picked all the kind of projects that have been trending on Instagram for the last year.
Cottagecore is only fun if you didn’t remember Hollie hobbit the first time round.

Actually, that’s reminded me that I won a hideous patchwork quilt in the school raffle which is total cottage core and is on the spare bed in my parents‘ house. I should sell it - right now is the perfect time!

Cottagecore is only fun if you didn’t remember Hollie hobbit the first time round.

Actually, that’s reminded me that I won a hideous patchwork quilt in the school raffle which is total cottage core and is on the spare bed in my parents‘ house. I should sell it - right now is the perfect time!
Just turn it into a jacket!

Back
Top Bottom