Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Traitors ‘24 (starts Wed 3/1/24 9pm).

But noone has ever (to my knowledge) become suspicious of a traitor because of how they behaved on a task. In fact, I think it's probably a relief for the traitors to be able to throw themselves wholeheartedly into a task (apart from maybe the ones with head-fucky personal questions) alongside everyone else, working for a common goal without the division.
In the Australian version one of the Traitors got banished because he went too hard in going for a shield when he was one of the most popular contestants.

Good spot.

I’m really hoping that Harry turns on Paul at some point. Trainee surpassing the master sort of thing.

Apropos of nothing, has Zack openly suspected Paul previously or have I made that up?
Yes, he has, and I don’t know why he hasn’t mentioned it again.

Now that Ant is out of the game, the only people suspecting Paul are Zack and Jaz. I want them to start getting others on board, but can’t see that happening because they don’t appear to have formed any strong alliances and don’t exert much influence in the group.

Yes, he has, and I don’t know why he hasn’t mentioned it again.

Now that Ant is out of the game, the only people suspecting Paul are Zack and Jaz. I want them to start getting others on board, but can’t see that happening because they don’t appear to have formed any strong alliances and don’t exert much influence in the group.
Yep. I was thinking along similar lines, and then when they’re gone (I think Zack will banished soon because people don’t like him) then who else will be taking it forward? :(

Jaz is the new Maddy. At least he’ll feel vindicated when watching it!

E2A:
Actually…

I wonder if Jaz’s recent revelation about his family will both bring him more into the group and also increase people’s respect of his opinion. I don’t think he raised it in any calculated way but it is going to change people’s perception of him, and make him come to life more.

I’m becoming as attached to him as I was Aaron in series 1, though for different reasons, at least superficially (I think they are both very genuine people).

Last edited:
Surely a question mark every viewer is asking. I guess we don’t have full context but he very much has estate agent vibes (I recall he has some bullshit job but can’t remember what it is).
I have noticed that many of his fiercest advocates are women, so he’s possibly a charming flirt or has a veneer of sensitive new man about him.

Anyway, my 9 year old saw it advertised on a bus and wants to watch it now :thumbs:

Harry: "The bond between squaddies is immeasurably strong, once you enter the bond of brothers it's a link you have for life."
Also Harry: "I nominate Johnny"

tears of guilt....wait till he starts killing people for real...hopefully for him he'll leave the army and become a c list celeb instead

He’s got anger issues, that guy! We were laughing every time he spoke.
He came in a lovely cheery person and already by day one had his feelings hurt....Entitled judgemental teacher Diane trying to boot him out because he didnt jump out of her way when she told him to in the queue was what kicked off the smear on his name, and she never let that go.....he ended up under suspicion right from the beginning all the way up to being last to be picked for the water platform game which I could see also hurt his feelings... I felt bad for him... whole thing reminded me of school, especially with the teacher with a grudge dynamic!

couldnt help think of this

Whoever said its like a popularity contest at school is bang on from what I can see. It's not a game you can really play with tactics as a faithful, if you think you know who it is and they are popular you cant say it or you get murdered..... so far its just pretty classic unfounded group-think rounding on innocent people... Ash was a really bad actor and the one exception to it.

tears of guilt....wait till he starts killing people for real...hopefully for him he'll leave the army and become a c list celeb instead

He came in a lovely cheery person and already by day one had his feelings hurt....Entitled judgemental teacher Diane trying to boot him out because he didnt jump out of her way when she told him to in the queue was what kicked off the smear on his name, and she never let that go.....he ended up under suspicion right from the beginning all the way up to being last to be picked for the water platform game which I could see also hurt his feelings... I felt bad for him... whole thing reminded me of school, especially with the teacher with a grudge dynamic!

couldnt help think of this

Whoever said its like a popularity contest at school is bang on from what I can see. It's not a game you can really play with tactics as a faithful, if you think you know who it is and they are popular you cant say it or you get murdered..... so far its just pretty classic unfounded group-think rounding on innocent people... Ash was a really bad actor and the one exception to it.
Also explains how Paul, an obvious traitor, gets away with it because the groupthink is that he's a funny, likeable man. Jaz knows it but also knows he can't raise it (yet, yet, god I crave Paul's downfall).

It's not a game you can really play with tactics as a faithful
That’s right. There’s very seldom going to be any actual evidence you can use. That’s why all the mad stuff comes into it. “You wouldn’t let me into the line that time before the Traitors were picked”. Or “You blinked when Claudia flicked her fringe out of her eyes”.

And it’s interesting that, even in the companion show, Uncloaked (which I’ve now watched), that contestants are still saying “he seemed like such a nice guy”. What are they expecting? Only Evil People will be picked as Traitors?

Funnily enough, the only actual evidence they were handed on a plate - when the Traitors didn’t realise that putting two of them in the dungeon when two of the four were going to be revealed as Faithful was really stupid when the added ingredient that one of the two could be saved was added in - was roundly ignored by most, except Tony and Jaz.

Also explains how Paul, an obvious traitor, gets away with it because the groupthink is that he's a funny, likeable man. Jaz knows it but also knows he can't raise it (yet, yet, god I crave Paul's downfall).
He's some kind of a "manger" right?.... A unanimous CUNT rang out at ours when he started talking about how you need to get rid of the weakest people in a team etc! His fake pretending to cry (with no tears) another moment! Boo hiss!! :D I don't think he'll win it thankfully.

Also the table when Ash got voted off she even covered for him, creating a smokescreen for him...wtaf is wrong with people! Doormat mentality. No wonder nothing ever changes in Britain, get shafted to your face and people internalise like they deserve it. I'm not big on revenge but fuck that

Reality tv's not my thing but I gave this a go after skimming this thread last week and seeing who it's interested. It's brilliant. I binged the current series right up to date at the weekend.

I avoided the first series too, so looking forward to cracking through that soon.

Reality tv's not my thing but I gave this a go after skimming this thread last week and seeing who it's interested. It's brilliant. I binged the current series right up to date at the weekend.

I avoided the first series too, so looking forward to cracking through that soon.
Welcome ;)

He’s one of us now!

I can imagine that filming was stopped quite often during this sequence. Lots of talk to producers.

Back
Top Bottom