Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Traitors ‘24 (starts Wed 3/1/24 9pm).

I'd forgotten how shit the music is. Drippy version of Walking on the Moon was tonight's highlight. :D

“She thinks you move around the castle really weird” 🤣

shanghaiknightspaintingeyes.png

The first series completely passed me by.

Should I watch it?
Yes-ish. It's definitely better to watch when it's on. But it's also like the first series of Big Brother, which was actually a bit interesting, and included people trying for a share of the money pot more than the fame, and somewhat innocent about the way the show works.

Watched all 3 episodes so far.

I don't know why [hitherto anonymous man] had a breakdown at [moment] because of course everybody would then focus on them. I can see why [Traitor] was nominated by certain people because they're not really doing that well, with her counterparts having no suspicions directed to them at all.

Policy wonk and Stern Irish Madam are irritating me for different reasons.

I'd forgotten how shit the music is. Drippy version of Walking on the Moon was tonight's highlight. :D

Yeah, I remember thinking season 1 had amongst the worst music ever heard on TV - the tackiest, most melodramatic covers of pop songs imaginable. The OTT non-stop drone shots were also cringe.

That said, the drama and tension of season 1 was so nail-biting and the twists and turns so intriguing, it was well worth the watch so I look forward to giving this season a spin.

I was absolutely delighted by the revelation about Diane and Ross.

When one of the women correctly voted for Ash and cited a generally suspicious pattern of behaviour, rather than a single odd remark, I honestly wanted to applaud.

Watched all 3 episodes so far.

I don't know why [hitherto anonymous man] had a breakdown at [moment] because of course everybody would then focus on them.
Because some people fall apart if asked to defend themselves on the spot, which is how I interpreted it. He may have social anxiety, and/or he may be neurodivergent (a lot of ND people have this experience). The first series showed the round table going for people in the early stages who later shared being ND or whom I had my suspicions about. Which sadly shows a lack of awareness :(

Because some people fall apart if asked to defend themselves on the spot, which is how I interpreted it. He may have social anxiety, and/or he may be neurodivergent (a lot of ND people have this experience). The first series showed the round table going for people in the early stages who later shared being ND or whom I had my suspicions about. Which sadly shows a lack of awareness :(
i think he just had a total metldown over the perceived as a sheep thing, then over compensated by trying to not be a sheep and chatting utter bollocks finishing with the classic Rick from the Young Ones Hands Up Who Like Me line. I felt so embarrassed for him I watched from behind a pillow. Will be best for him if he goes home asap and far away from this pretty fucked up tv show designed for professional two faced bastards to win!

Oh yeah that was good . Bit of Massive Attack in one of them, too.

Is there a name for those slowed-down drippy cover versions though? It seems to be a genre. We had a thread of it once - an overwrought version of That's Entertainment by The Jam was the worst example. :D Traitors is full of whatever-it-is. Genuinely makes me laugh at times.
They did a bit on this on the BBC radio 1 breakfast show including some dire made on the spot versions.
Love island does awful song versions as well. Not for the same atmosphere tho -they've missed a trick there. :D

i think he just had a total metldown over the perceived as a sheep thing, then over compensated by trying to not be a sheep and chatting utter bollocks finishing with the classic Rick from the Young Ones Hands Up Who Like Me line. I felt so embarrassed for him I watched from behind a pillow. Will be best for him if he goes home asap and far away from this pretty fucked up tv show designed for professional two faced bastards to win!

I feel the show crossed the line with the sheep thing to be honest. Although in many ways its pretty petty, under the heightened conditions of a national TV show, that could be a pretty hurtful and humiliating thing to go through.

I feel the show crossed the line with the sheep thing to be honest. Although in many ways its pretty petty, under the heightened conditions of a national TV show, that could be a pretty hurtful and humiliating thing to go through.
it turns out, yes - he clearly hated being centre of negative attention and tbf "everyone thinks you are the biggest sheep" isnt nice. i havent seen it before, i dont know how much they try and 'break' the contestants to create conflict etc

one thing i couldnt help but think was before the show they advertised another whose the biggest arsehole competition, dubai trader (iirc?)...then theres apprentice...then theres this....the BBC do seem to like this kind of climb over other people to get ahead competition. even dragons den feels like it comes straight out of a tory think tank.

as i say though ive not seen traitors before, i dont know how much people are able to start to cooperate even a little to win, or if its just everyone out for themselves to the end

as i say though ive not seen traitors before, i dont know how much people are able to start to cooperate even a little to win, or if its just everyone out for themselves to the end
They were really cooperative in the first UK series, and everyone pulled their weight as far as I remember. I don’t know whether the lack of this in the first challenge of series 2 is related to changes made to increase competition (eg the shields) or is due to who has been selected. I suspect it’s the latter.

Also I think the challenges that involved the contestants’ perceptions of each other happened far later, when they knew each other more.

They were really cooperative in the first UK series, and everyone pulled their weight as far as I remember. I don’t know whether the lack of this in the first challenge of series 2 is related to how changes made to increase competition (eg the shields) or is due to who has been selected. I suspect it’s the latter.
i imagine at the start your still getting the measure of people etc - the more bonding the more cooperation

it is entertaining...im curious what the 'moral' of the show is at the end, what it leaves you thinking about the people involved.

Last series sucked me in as I was fascinated by the group dynamics (including in and out group stuff), and how suspicions got implanted and grew. I watched the American one too but that felt more like watching a car crash with a few highly entertaining people involved. I hope that doesn’t happen with later series of the UK one but I agree with what someone said when comparing it to Big Brother.

In series 1 I was kind of on the traitors' side, but this time I just want them to turn on each other and look like idiots.

Back
Top Bottom