Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Traitors ‘24 (starts Wed 3/1/24 9pm).

Proposal: Traitors Hardcore.

A version that runs concurrently with the normal one but the viewer doesn't get to know who the Traitors are. You're as in the dark as the Faithful right through.

Would we all be as shit as the Faithful? Almost certainly. :D

How much would you want to bet on that? 😏

Absolutely nothing at all 🤣

A version that runs concurrently with the normal one but the viewer doesn't get to know who the Traitors are. You're as in the dark as the Faithful right through.

Yes they should definitely try this version!

Isn’t that the online thing? I’ve not actually looked at it.

You’ve possibly hit the nail on the head about what they’ll do when the current format gets boring/totally ridiculous like BB did.

I’m not sure about that. For me it would remove a huge chunk of the interest. Knowing who’s who, and getting frustrated with the Faithfuls for bonkers thinking, and crap decision making (with the benefit of an all-seeing eye) is what it’s all about, no?

I was tempted to buy the board game for Christmas but I need to read some reviews properly to see if it's worth it.

Kate! :eek::D

I did enjoy the US one but it definitely felt much more reality TV in style.
I bloody love Kate but I knew her from Below Deck. Not personally, obviously.

I think I need to find the other countries’ series because I can’t wait til Wednesday.

I’m not sure about that. For me it would remove a huge chunk of the interest. Knowing who’s who, and getting frustrated with the Faithfuls for bonkers thinking, and crap decision making (with the benefit of an all-seeing eye) is what it’s all about, no?

I read an article about the show and the Dutch guy who devised it. Apparently, it took several years for it to get picked-up because all of the networks insisted on the viewers being kept in the dark about the Traitor’s, as Voley suggests. The creator refused and eventually got made as he originally envisaged it.

I read an article about the show and the Dutch guy who devised it. Apparently, it took several years for it to get picked-up because all of the networks insisted on the viewers being kept in the dark about the Traitor’s, as Voley suggests. The creator refused and eventually got made as he originally envisaged it.
I was wondering if at the end of the hardcore version, the public could vote people off. But eveyone would cheat, obviously. :D

I don’t get this. Can you explain?
I took a while to decipher. The contestants, in an unfilmed moment, were doing impersonations of Claudia. Alyssa chose to mimic the phrase “Hello, Traitors”, which she’d only have heard Claudia saying as she entered a Traitor conclave in the tower. It would not have been a familiar phrase to any of the faithful. This was therefore a bit of a giveaway.

I took a while to decipher. The contestants, in an unfilmed moment, were doing impersonations of Claudia. Alyssa chose to mimic the phrase “Hello, Traitors”, which she’d only have heard Claudia saying as she entered a Traitor conclave in the tower. It would not have been a familiar phrase to any of the faithful. This was therefore a bit of a giveaway.
Omg, what a plank! 😄

You can imagine that if they keep on making series, they could bringing twists like a Faithful who knows who one of the Traitors is, but can't give away how they know. Or a Secret Traitor who the other Traitors don't know about.
I wonder if unwilling Traitors might be something they try. Like Diane didn’t want to be a Traitor but possibly could have done a fairly decent job of it, or at least been quite entertaining at failing to do a decent job of it. 😏

Ahhhhhh! :facepalm: :D

Probably is something he'll try, but wouldn't be a great idea. After the 3rd time of it happening you'd hope the faithfuls would figure out that the people who are so sure and then right about someone being a traitor is a traitor!

You'd have thought so but then I reckon if they were going to, they'd have done him by now. He's very popular and seems like a lovely lad, and that's playing in his favour enormously. Someone needs to catalyse opinion against him and people will follow suit at the round table, like when Amanda got whacked in the first series out of absolutely nowhere.

You'd have thought so but then I reckon if they were going to, they'd have done him by now. He's very popular and seems like a lovely lad, and that's playing in his favour enormously. Someone needs to catalyse opinion against him and people will follow suit at the round table, like when Amanda got whacked in the first series out of absolutely nowhere.

He's popular no doubt which helps, though i think this is the first series I've really seen people consider beyond that. Because he went so hard (too much) at Paul and was right, which is exactly what Paul did with Myles, may be his downfall.

Wilf took Amanda down and as awful as he seemed, he had that good balance between going hard enough at another traitor to convince most other people and avoid an awkward conversation in the belltower later, not so hard that it looks sus. Though those days were more naive I think that they didn't expect that traitors would turn on other traitors so easily.

You can imagine that if they keep on making series, they could bringing twists like a Faithful who knows who one of the Traitors is, but can't give away how they know. Or a Secret Traitor who the other Traitors don't know about.
My concern is that they'd mess too much with what works. Big Brother went wrong for that same reason.

If there were such a thing as a Traitors holiday, where you stay in a castle with a load of strangers and spend all week stabbing each other in the back, I would totally pay money for that.
I heard they're actually staying in the Marriott at Inverness airport. Just wondering where folk would spend the rest of the week if banished or murdered on the first day? Inverness airport would be a bit dull as a week long holiday destination, whilst everyone else is playing the game.

If there were such a thing as a Traitors holiday, where you stay in a castle with a load of strangers and spend all week stabbing each other in the back, I would totally pay money for that.
Dr Mrs B & I were saying exactly that last night. The only problem is what to do with the victims and the banished, paying for the week is harsh if booted after 24 hours. The stay in a castle / stately home is a fine fall back, but still not the same as being involved.

I heard they're actually staying in the Marriott at Inverness airport. Just wondering where folk would spend the rest of the week if banished or murdered on the first day? Inverness airport would be a bit dull as a week long holiday destination, whilst everyone else is playing the game.
Maybe you can rejoin wearing a disguise?

That sounds excellent!

Back
Top Bottom