Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Tour Of France 2021

For those that know about these things, what do Cav’s figures look like when compared to his pre 2016 stats?

For those that know about these things, what do Cav’s figures look like when compared to his pre 2016 stats?
Sprinting isn’t quite as defined by the numbers as climbing is. Of course peak power and how long you can sustain it for is important, but winning a sprint is as much about bravery, instinct, and tactical knowledge as anything else, at which he seems as good as ever.

Reactions: Cid
Good to see Merckx there, at start and finish congratulating Cavendish. I'd read somewhere that he'd scoffed at them being compared, but maybe he was just scorning those comparing their overall achievements.

Two days running I've heard Garry Richardson on R4 really struggle to pronounce Pogačar's name. He says it in three very slow, isolated syllables.

He's young. Got a lot to learn. 4 years old when Festina were busted.

Yeah, he is, but his management could have a quiet word (iirc he did it on the previous stage win). I suppose if you actually pay attention to cycling press etc, you at least get the full explanation. But the tour has a much wider audience.

But the Slovenian thing is very suspicious, don't you think? The huge margins from a small group with an iffy history More damaging questions as links uncovered between Erzen and Aderlass doping doctor | Cyclingnews.com and the coach saying the other day that Pog was making normal watts, whereas his competitors' numbers were all really low because they'd screwed up their preparation, and that this Tour was actually very slow....I mean, really. If that's the best explanation a coach can come up with, it's just a matter of time before the samples are thawed out, new tests done and....the palmares are rewritten, again. Maybe they've studied Armstrong's fate and banked the prize money and salaries where the courts can't get it.

They must have been doing this since Mohoric and Pogacar were in their early teens, if you look at their records.
Anyway all they have to do is get the doctor diagnosed with depression and get him to mislay his laptop #marginalloss

I'd actually totally forgotten that Lance Armstrong did the omerta zipped lip thing back in the day. Or I suppose subconsciously remembered, since I think it's probably in some of the more recent docus.

Have started watching Chris Horner too twistedAM , good stuff. I want more of his stories - his recounting of stage 17 in 2006 is great.

Is it likely tomorrow will turn into a sprint race for cav?
It would take a colossal miscalculation by the sprinters teams for it not to nowadays. They'll do the drinking-champagne-whilst-riding thing for the procession to Paris, then when they hit the circuit start racing, A small break might be allowed a lap or two but they'll be brought back.

One thing I have read is that the finish line has been moved this year - it's a lot further up than in previous years, so the drag uphill from the final right hander might catch out anyone going early.

Back
Top Bottom