Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The other side

brogdale

Coming to terms with late onset Anarchism
No, not that...

1584547969887.png

....a thread to consider what reaching the other side of Coronavirus might look like.
1. How will we know when we're there?
2. Will we believe 'them' when they say it's safe to come out?
3. How difficult will it be for TPTB to recreate what was?
4. What will be first to come back/what never will?
5. What will the first 'light at the end of the tunnel" be?
That sort of malarky....

My opening 2p worth...difficult as it is for the state to get it's act together to close down capitalism effectively atm...I'm sensing that the pull-out on the other side is going to be a hell of a lot harder for them.

I expect this thread already exists somewhere...so...if so...please feel free to merge if necessary mods.

Last edited:
I predict that pubs and tabloids will be full of opinions like "I had it, bit of a cough but nothing I haven't dealt with a hundred times or more, storm in a teacup wasn't it, bloody liberals and students complaining, lucky they never had to live through a war eh, anyway let's get back on with getting Brexit done!"

If we see the NHS and social care as overwhelmed as looks likely then there could be positive repercussions in terms of funding, social care back in, a national recommitment to publicly provided healthcare at all points. It's an achievable outcome anyway.

Obviously I'd hope it leads to the tories forced into some sort of war communism but reckon the positives/gains might be a bit more humble than that

Have spent far to much time thinking about the far side already. It's as sure as hell going to take the country/the world a long time to recover financially. We are all in this together, no other country will be able to bail us out. Maybe a generation to recover?
Many thousands of people will become unemployed...how long for them to get a new job, possibly in a different sector because the sector they work in has been decimated.
whats going to happen to the NHS afterwards?
the list is frighteningly endless.

For me work has pretty much been business as usual. I know lots of places have now gone over to those dreadful automated telephone systems recently and for various walk in things
you now have to make an appointment to visit. The absolute worst, still, is the doctors. 8 o'clock one morning, it took me 40 minutes to get connected to my surgery. :mad:Each time I called,
I had to endure 2 minutes of recordings, then when I selected my option I got another voice telling me my call cannot be connected at this time. Having got past this stage it took another 30
minutes to speak to a receptionist. Then, could I get an appointment to see a doctor, hell no. We will get a doctor to call you back this afternoon at 14:00, take it or leave it. I am at a funeral
at this time! Two or three weeks later, the issues are still ongoing and I still haven't received the results to some check ups on 8th December. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom