Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The ongoing stupidity of Home Secretary Priti Patel

Well well well. They've tried to keep the revelations secret because they thought it could harm international relations with Rwanda. Yes, of course they did, nothing to do with a very controversial policy at all.

Possible reason for Patel's invisibility before and during the 'leadership' shenanigans?

Possible reason for Patel's invisibility before and during the 'leadership' shenanigans?

But I really don't think the sort of people who are the target market for these policies care if we're sending these people to their deaths. They were OK with pushing people into the sea and it doesn't take a genius to work out what would happen them in that situation.

But I really don't think the sort of people who are the target market for these policies care if we're sending these people to their deaths. They were OK with pushing people into the sea and it doesn't take a genius to work out what would happen them in that situation.
Agreed. I was just thinking maybe knowing that she'd end up losing so visibly in court with this info possibly coming out, they decided to keep her well away from standing or contaminating any other candidate?

That implies a conscience on the part of Patel. With no other known examples of the phenomenon in this individual, that probably isn't it.
Agree with the sentiment there, but tory calculations about electoral collateral have little to do with conscience.

And they will fail too, I really hope this is the long awaited release of

'Torierers: ENDGAME '

That is the best Tory/Avengers mash up I could come up with after a few pints , sorry.

Almost certainly just that she thinks this looks better than getting booted out by the liz but still, good. she should never have been anywhere near that sort of position of power.

She's resigning because she doesn't want to be fired. Not because she thinks Truss is too evil or too incompetent to work for.

Indeed in her letter she wasnt very subtle about her aim to pretend she was still in control of her destiny...

It is my choice to continue my public service to the country and the Witham constituency from the backbenches, once Liz formally assumes office and a new Home Secretary is appointed.

Indeed in her letter she wasnt very subtle about her aim to pretend she was still in control of her destiny...

Patel:
It is my choice to continue my public service to the country and the Witham constituency from the backbenches, once Liz formally assumes office and a new Home Secretary is appointed.
Methinks the "lady" doth protest too much...

Back
Top Bottom