Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The ongoing stupidity of Home Secretary Priti Patel

It’s not a smirk, her face is just naturally like that.

Speaking as someone who smirks quite a lot, that’s a load of cobblers

E18AFccXIAMQfD-

Post deleted then re-instated (a bit like Patel herself). Dunno if there's enough damning stuff here at the moment, but worth a look.

Here's the piece by Daniel Morgan's son:

I think she’s doing a bang up job.

No sorry not even I can do that troll without being horrified at myself. She is the devil incarnate.

At a high court hearing about the case this month the judge, Mr Justice Garnham, raised concerns that Patel could have been distributing public funds without legal authority in part of its accommodation policy. In a witness statement to the court, a Home Office official said: “At the time we did not consider what power, or whether we had the power, to implement what we saw as administrative changes. This was a response to the urgency of events and the immediate concern about keeping people in the same accommodation.”

“Based on government evidence, the High Court has found that the Home Secretary acted both unlawfully and irrationally in accommodating our clients at Napier Barracks, placing them at risk of a fire and contracting COVID-19, both of which happened. People seeking asylum are more vulnerable to physical and mental illness. They have the right to be treated with dignity and should not be accommodated in detention-style barracks. Almost 300 people are still accommodated at Napier and we urge Priti Patel to close the Barracks once and for all”.

“Based on government evidence, the High Court has found that the Home Secretary acted both unlawfully and irrationally in accommodating our clients at Napier Barracks, placing them at risk of a fire and contracting COVID-19, both of which happened. People seeking asylum are more vulnerable to physical and mental illness. They have the right to be treated with dignity and should not be accommodated in detention-style barracks. Almost 300 people are still accommodated at Napier and we urge Priti Patel to close the Barracks once and for all”.

I expect Patel will disregard it, or tell whatever lies are needed and carry on being the liberty-stripping, bullying wretch she seems to enjoy being. You'd hope there was at least a functioning opposition to hold them to account. Who had some ideas to make the country better. Who would give the issue some attention. In any case the government apparently hates, or perhaps is just coldly indifferent to desperate asylum seekers who have been on often arduous and dangerous journeys only to be treated like dirt when they should be welcomed, helped and supported.

Back
Top Bottom