Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The ongoing stupidity of Home Secretary Priti Patel

There'll be no end of crowing from her about this.

Priti Patel - I am delivering on my commitment to give the police the powers they need to ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—น๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ๐˜€๐—ฒ ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€ ๐˜€๐˜„๐—ถ๐—ณ๐˜๐—น๐˜† ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ฒ๐—ณ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ถ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐˜†.

This new offence will enable the police to fine or arrest those residing without permission on private or public land in vehicles in order to stop significant disruption, distress or harm being caused to the law-abiding majority.
FB_IMG_1615400818013.jpg

There'll be no end of crowing from her about this.

Priti Patel - I am delivering on my commitment to give the police the powers they need to ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—น๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ๐˜€๐—ฒ ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜€ ๐˜€๐˜„๐—ถ๐—ณ๐˜๐—น๐˜† ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ฒ๐—ณ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ถ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—น๐˜†.

This new offence will enable the police to fine or arrest those residing without permission on private or public land in vehicles in order to stop significant disruption, distress or harm being caused to the law-abiding majority.
View attachment 258182

Oh good more ways to imprison protestors.

Itโ€™s going to be a fun time to be a traveller to.

The hijacking that wasn't.

The supposed hijack generated international headlines and 16 members of the elite Navy force, the Special Boat Service, based only a few miles away in Poole, Dorset, were hailed as heroes for bringing the incident to a swift conclusion after they fast roped down on to the deck of the ship from helicopters while snipers in another helicopter patrolled above.

The decision to carry out the raid was authorised by the home secretary, Priti Patel, and the defence minister, Ben Wallace, who said at the time: โ€œPeople are safe tonight thanks to their efforts.โ€
โ€œThe captain was on the bridge but it was locked. The captain held up a piece of paper saying: โ€˜Stay calm the port authorities are coming to pick you up,โ€™โ€ said John. โ€œWe sat and waited on the deck but it got colder and colder so we went back to the cabin.โ€

He said all seven of the stowaways were shocked when the SBS arrived.

โ€œThey came down from the chopper like they were going to war. They had guns and they couldnโ€™t let us look into their faces. They told us to lie belly down on the deck. Thereโ€™s nobody on the planet who wouldnโ€™t have been frightened about that.โ€
โ€œAt first they said we were sea pirates but there was no evidence of that,โ€ John said. โ€œThey said we tried to hijack a ship. Such an incident didnโ€™t happen. Iโ€™m happy we had a good crown prosecutor who went through the case properly.โ€
John spent more than four months locked up in immigration detention before being released into the care of the Salvation Army, which provides support for victims of trafficking.

James Wilson, acting director of the charity Detention Action, which provided support for John while he was detained, said: โ€œThis debacle raises serious questions that the government now needs to answer. The lack of a credible or verified threat is deeply concerning and the situation appears to have been badly mishandled. The public and our military deserve an urgent inquiry into how and why the home secretary took a decision to deploy elite forces against vulnerable asylum seekers to stop a hijack that never happened.โ€

Last edited:
Rory Stewart was on a panel discussion on R4 this morning, as they spoke about political leadership in the last year. I think it was Helle Thorning-Schmidt who mentioned how countries with female leaders had done relatively better during the pandemic in terms of death tolls, and they debated over whether there were different styles of leadership more prevalent in men and women respectively. Stewart said how "some female members of the [UK] cabinet might resemble a male style of leadership".

Liz Truss? Thรฉrรจse Coffey?

She is on the telleh again now. I donโ€™t know if anyone has noticed but she comes across as an imbecile
She is on the telleh again now. I donโ€™t know if anyone has noticed but she comes across as an imbecile
Yep. She's definitely not the sharpest tool in the box. It's only the fact that the Cabinet is full of people with room temperature IQs that stops the full glory of her dim bulb brain from shining forth more obviously.

ExankI5WgAAZUoR

Cough, bullshit, cough...

At 7.12pm on 26 March 2021, the Home Office released a statement on Twitter which read: โ€œIt is wrong to claim the Home Office expenses that have been circulated today are the Home Secretaryโ€™s. They are department wide and for vital equipment like PPE. It is completely false to say the Home Office has spent money on beauty products, it was PPE. We make no apology for buying PPE to keep our staff safe during the pandemic. The spending in Primark was for asylum seekers who would have not had appropriate clothing when arriving in the UK. We are committed to delivering the best value for money for the British taxpayer, making sure every pound is spent in the most effective way.โ€

Back
Top Bottom