Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The ongoing stupidity of Home Secretary Priti Patel

I don't believe in the concept of generalised intelligence anyway, but many of the skills that are often associated with the concept - say, speed of understanding new ideas, ability to understand and combine multiple sources of information - just aren't important when it comes to rising to a position of power in the Tory party, or indeed within a party generally. In fact they can be negatively correlated. There is a certain level of ability that's required but you can't go too far or you may just stop being an MP. You can certainly be extremely thick and still be really quite powerful. That's how the system works. The fact that a bunch of them have firsts from Oxbridge doesn't say anything either way because you can absolutely have that and still be a dimwit.

Have they got more stupid though? Thatcher and her crew, clearly cunts, yet they seemed to have an air about them, that they knew their own minds and what they wanted. It could be that we’ve grown older and smarter and more cynical, or that with Blair arriving on the scene with his third way, blowing with the wind level of commitment has ingrained itself in the modern politico and that we’re older and smarter and can see right through the bullshit cos even if we weren’t older and smarter it would still be transparent but doesn’t matter cos these motherfuckers are never held to account, there is no mechanism to hold the cunts to account???

He was taking the case to an Employment Tribunal. The maximum compensation an employment tribunal can recommend is one year's gross pay, or £88,519, whichever is lower.
So he would only have got £88,519.

I get that so it was about money, not the principle of her being an alleged bully...the govt. gets away with no liability being accepted. I also understand there was no other way, but this just stinks from whichever way you look at it...

Have they got more stupid though? Thatcher and her crew, clearly cunts, yet they seemed to have an air about them, that they knew their own minds and what they wanted. It could be that we’ve grown older and smarter and more cynical, or that with Blair arriving on the scene with his third way, blowing with the wind level of commitment has ingrained itself in the modern politico and that we’re older and smarter and can see right through the bullshit cos even if we weren’t older and smarter it would still be transparent but doesn’t matter cos these motherfuckers are never held to account, there is no mechanism to hold the cunts to account???
I think the current government is at a bit of a recent peak for stupidity - gradually, everyone else has been winnowed out, either because they were to smart to want to get involved with the growing level of bullshit in the first place, or because they were actively excluded as they might be a threat. Plus the Tories have been divided internally for a while, and in that sort of situation, ideological purity and loyalty becomes way more of a factor when picking people for positions. I don't think it's all that worse than at times in the past though.

I think the current government is at a bit of a recent peak for stupidity - gradually, everyone else has been winnowed out, either because they were to smart to want to get involved with the growing level of bullshit in the first place, or because they were actively excluded as they might be a threat. Plus the Tories have been divided internally for a while, and in that sort of situation, ideological purity and loyalty becomes way more of a factor when picking people for positions. I don't think it's all that worse than at times in the past though.

thatcher had people who were competent - heseltine, Ken and Alan Clarke.

point to the equivalents amongst this bunch ?

This is pure nonsense.

Within the cabinet alone we’ve got Boris himself, Dominic Raab, Priti Patel, Michael Gove, Matt Hancock, Gavin Williamson, George Useless, Grant Shapps, ...

and those are just the ones I’ve heard of :thumbs:

Being fair, it's probably as evil as a Thatcher cabinet, just in an incompetent way.

I'm not sure I agree; I think it's more evil (in the sense that their philosophy is much more fully formed), but in a far more incompetent way. But it's not like that's a point worth arguing about.

Thatcher and her ilk may have had a (short-sightedly flawed and rascist) end goal dream of turning all brits in to entrepreneurial geniuses lording it over the serf classes of the third world; the current crop seem to have nothing to offer beyond empty blind patriotism and serfdom for anyone who's not the ruling classes.

I keep seeing this thread title and thinking 'She's not stupid, she's mean and nasty'. Don't think she would have got to where she is by being stupid.

'Mean-and-nasty'-ness and 'strupidity' are very far from being incompatible, amongst the type of politicians we're discussing.

In any case, with Priti Patel, she's clearly as thick as pigshit, and always has been since entering Toryland.

Having enough base-cunning and basic smarts to ascend the greasy pole is in no way contradicts her being as stupid as a mince-like thing ....... :hmm: :mad:

Back
Top Bottom