Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The most awkward bank holiday ever

It's a bit of a fucker for my colleagues on the evening shift as we will be opening at 5pm....so the rest of us will have a day off (probably unpaid) but they will have to come in....

Thank you for your email, although I must say I am surprised that you have emailed me AT A TIME LIKE THIS.

Like MOST LAW-ABIDING PEOPLE I will not be at my desk today today as I will be QUIETLY REFLECTING ON THE GLORIOUS LIFE OF HER MAJESTY QUEEN ELIZABETH II.

I will reply to your email on my return, but THERE WILL BE WORDS.

Regards,

Voley.

GOD SAVE THE KING!

Apparently the factory OH works in might actually close on Sunday night (if a lot of shops are closed, they won't have many orders for doughnuts on Monday morning). OH had already been given Sunday night/Monday morning off on leave anyway (booked a couple of weeks ago so he can come to the picnic), but will have to go in Monday night as doughnuts will need to be fresh and ready for the shops on Tuesday morning.

If the factory does close, staff will not likely be paid for any missed shift, as they are paid per hour rather than on a salary.

It's going to be awks, right?

We're supposed to have the day off to mourn, but I can't imagine even people who are vaguely in favour of the monarchy are really going to want to sit indoors watching the funeral when they've got a bonus day off are they?

The jubilee was awkward but at least going to the pub, seeing friends etc was a legitimate activity.
Nope, I'll be watching - with booze handy. doesn't happen often.

I'm genuinely interested in watching it and having the day off!

Disclaimer. I am largely indifferent to royalty, but I am massively into seeing this particular logistical operation play out live. Getting the world's leaders together especially the big ones like Biden, Macron, Bolsonaro, Emperor Naruhito, Erdogan, Mohammed bin Salman et al. and the dozens of other royal families and presidents and prime ministers and their security details on top of the millions of members of the public and then holding a state funeral with all the pageantry and military precision that involves - is something of a logistical feat I find quite fascinating. It's up there on the scale of hosting an Olympics with a 10-day notice period. It's quite mental.

Last edited:

Disclaimer. I am largely indifferent to royalty, but I am massively into seeing this particular logistical operation play out live. Getting the world's leaders together especially the big ones like Biden, Macron, Bolsonaro, Emperor Naruhito, Erdogan, Mohammed bin Salman et al. and the dozens of other royal families and presidents and prime ministers and their security details al - on top of the millions of members of the public and then holding a state funeral with all the pageantry and military precision that involves - is something of a logistical feat I find quite fascinating. It's up there on the scale of hosting an Olympics with a 10-day notice period. It's quite mental.

Yeah to be fair if they weren't trying to beat us over the head with it I'd consider watching (at least some) of it for the general pageantry etc, as a tourist type of thing almost. As it is though it feels as though that would be like being counted as one of the Mail reading wailing crowd so I definitely won't be.

Disclaimer. I am largely indifferent to royalty, but I am massively into seeing this particular logistical operation play out live. Getting the world's leaders together especially the big ones like Biden, Macron, Bolsonaro, Emperor Naruhito, Erdogan, Mohammed bin Salman et al. and the dozens of other royal families and presidents and prime ministers and their security details on top of the millions of members of the public and then holding a state funeral with all the pageantry and military precision that involves - is something of a logistical feat I find quite fascinating. It's up there on the scale of hosting an Olympics with a 10-day notice period. It's quite mental.
Do you really think you'll see the logistics on the telly? Won't it just be a funeral with extra faces?

Morrisons is turning the beeps on their scab tills down out of respect :confused:
The store that shoves the union flag down your throat(this may only be in Scottish stores) on every feffing product they can isn't actually closing? Hypocritical cnuts!

Back
Top Bottom