Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

THE FINAL! Italy vs Spain

Who's going to win Euro 2012?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As I will be watching it with a Spanish woman I will have to be careful, but if Spain win she will be insufferable :)

I missed the other thread as i've been busy this week but called Italy big style at work and at bookies though didn't win that much as I lumped a tenner on 3-2 and the little bets came in.

No it ain't. If it is what's it right about the next day? Nothing.

Anyway, for the people now following me for my money making tips - falange on penaltarias. But not 0-0. 1-1

Did you call 2-1 tonight? Did you bribe the ref to give a dodgy pen? Or was that the Italian FA?

Did you call 2-1 tonight? Did you bribe the ref to give a dodgy pen? Or was that the Italian FA?
There are 42,611 members of urban75. One person amongst them voted that Italy would win in normal time tonight. One. Think about that for a minute.

I don't mean to draw comparisons with Thermopylae but think about something like that if i won on my own - but neither will i deny them.

I'll back Italy, or it'll just be boring with Spain winning everything in sight. That said, I've no particular love for Italy. The whole thing will be meh. I just hope theres goals, and no penalty shootout endings.

I'll back Italy, or it'll just be boring with Spain winning everything in sight. That said, I've no particular love for Italy. The whole thing will be meh. I just hope theres goals, and no penalty shootout endings.

De Rossi will shake them out of their tippy-tappy shit. Busquets will play dead for five minutes and once the helicopter gets permission to land on the pitch he'll get up and play on as usual. It'll be exciting. Spain will rot.

Super Mario to be Super again.

Italy were 16 to 1 at the beginning of this tournament but yeh I say spain to win :)
nuffin to do wiv that gal i see the other day, yeh, yeh , yeh on penos

I think Italy, but it'll be extra time or penalties. They seem to have timed their best play perfectly. Germany hadn't a clue how to beat them whereas they'd swept all before them.

I have an idea that the team members of both teams have changed since 1920. I often wonder why football pundits go on about teams as if they somehow have an enduring quality that is unchanged over the years so that they must forever lose or win based upon history.

Stats prove that some teams are consistently better, regardless of changes in players/management.

it's all about the midfield - Spain often don't even play a striker - Pirlo has been the best player of the tournament - no one has managed to work out how to stop him - even though he's old and slow :D Spain will pack the midfield - it'll go to penalties - and pirlo will chip in again - Italy on penalties

I'm hoping for an Italy win in a 3-2 classic. :D

Don't know about anyone else but i've found the Spanish play/formation pretty dull in this tournament the 'no striker' tactic gives them possession but nothing else, they managed before to be fluid/penetrate & keep the ball with a proper forward....don't know why they've changed(prob 'cos of Villa missing I guess).

7191466.jpg

Gumbys-present-architects-sketch.jpg

Some of the things I like about tournament football haven't happened yet - narky spiteful encounters, multiple sending offs, Dutchmen spitting in the perms of Germans. Had the odd half hearted sending off, even contraversial ones, but nothing venomous. :( Even with Balotelli on the field I'm not sure the final's going to give me what I really want.

I put £10 on Italy near the start of the tournament, when Fabregas had just equalised for Spain. On betfair they were x22 at that time.
I can sell that (I haven't looked since last night) for 2.6.

Should I take the £90ish quid, or hold out for £220 or £0?

I've been hoping Spain would do well since we went out but since they did Germany over I want Italy to win this now. Also I like The Godfather movies. And pizza. So 2-1 to Italy in normal time.

Back
Top Bottom